• ResourceOffice –GI Endoscopy
• 80hours/pay period (bi-weekly) 0700-1530
• Shift-Days – Monday through Friday
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus onthe individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improvethe extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as ateam deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for ourpatients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give peoplethe freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than ajob- It's a passion.
With views of the Denver city skyline to the north and themajestic Rocky Mountains to the west, Highlands Ranch provides the best of bothworlds. It's not surprising that it made Time Money's list of top 6 places tolive in 2016 - this quaint town sits just 12 miles outside the bustling Denvermetro area, yet offers over 70 miles of trails, 20 parks, and 2 golf courses.Community events like Kid Fest, ice cream socials, open-air artist meet andgreets, and the Summer's Sunset Concert can engage the whole family. Spend anevening watching the sun set behind Chatfield Reservoir, strolling the botanicgardens, or socializing at one of Highlands Ranch's very own breweries. Its2,500 acres of preserved open space means that Highlands Ranch will alwaysremain a picturesque retreat tucked away on the outskirts of Colorado's biggestcity.
Summary -- Travel RN – GI Endoscopy – Highlands Ranch Hospital – HighlandsRanch, CO
Two Room Endoscopy Suite, performing an average of 12 cases (EGD, Colonoscopy) a day total.
One room does 3-4 Interventional cases on Wednesdays.
Nurses Circulate and Tech each case as well as work in the scope room reprocessing scopes.
Endoscopy procedure experience required, Interventional experience preferred (Endoscopic ultrasound & ERCP preferred but not required), experience with scope reprocessing and using the OER Pro preferred
Anesthesia covers each case, so nurses do not do conscious sedation.
CO RN license
BLS and ACLS
Teaching Hospital experience preferred.
Travel RN experience preferred
RN with acute care experience
GI experience a plus but not necessary.
Days – Monday through Friday - 0700-1530
As a UCHealth Travel RN, you willenjoy living and working in one of the most naturally beautiful states in thecountry. Spectacular wide open landscapes, incredible blue skies, clearmountain streams and, of course, the majestic Rocky Mountains. To be considered as a UCHealth Traveler youmust NOT be a current employee, and you must live more than 75 miles awayfrom the facility in which you will be working.
Our UCHealth Travel RN also reap therewards and benefits of travel nursing.
• Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans based onpatient assessment to optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
• Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition asappropriate. Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patientcare, including patient transfer, discharge, referral andspiritual/psychosocial support needs.
• Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family andprovides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, andcircumstances.
• Effectively delegates patient care to ancillary personnel.May precept student nurses and new hires.
Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills,decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must beable to work in a fast paced environment, and take appropriate action. FollowsStandard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Graduate of an accredited Registered Nurse Program if less than three (3) years' experience.
- 6 months nursing experience (in an acute setting)
- State licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) and any relevant unit specific certification requirement.
- BLS andACLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR andACLS card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
- Cardiac patient direct care experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
• Experience in a teaching/academic hospital
• Two years Travel RN experience
• GI/Endoscopy experience
Due to Point of Care Testing duties associatedwith this position, upon hire, a copy of highest level of education (diploma,degree, or transcripts) would be required to present to the hiringmanager. If this is available to you atthis time, please attach it with your resume in one document.
Going beyond quality requires the perfectbalance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are lookingfor individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine isever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so thateach of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth,we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningfulcareer. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents andperspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer ourinstitution. As an affirmativeaction/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making allemployment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated againstin any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminatedagainst because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender,national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexualorientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information orveteran status. UCHealth does notdiscriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" asdefined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonableaccommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.