DISH Business has experienced significant growth in the commercial market over the past few years with even greater growth expected moving forward. Launching numerous innovative and technically advanced products has played a key role in fueling this growth. DISH Fiber is the most critical new suite of products we are launching. While exciting, DISH Fiber is more complex and requires networking expertise compared to anything we have previously undertaken. Thus, we need your help to launch and support DISH Fiber.
If you are Colorado resident, you must report to our Dish headquarters located at 9601 South Meridian Boulevard, Englewood, CO, 80112. You will be required to travel 30% of the time.
If you live outside of Colorado, this is open to a Work at Home, but we are looking for you to live in or near one of these major cities: Salt Lake City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Portland and Seattle. You will be required to travel 40% of the time.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
We’re accepting applications for an Sales and Solution Engineer to play a critical role in augmenting the current Sales Engineering team, with a focus on our DISH Fiber product suite. As an Sales and Solution Engineer, you will play a key role with the current Sales Engineering Team as they design and sell DISH Fiber solutions. Your primary initial task will be to properly design network architectures for prospective clients, with the assistance of the Sales and Infrastructure Engineers. You will also assist DISH Business technical support agents on new product- and field-related networking issues.
We’re looking for someone with a proven track record of taking complex customer needs and distilling them down to key architecture tenants to produce a suitable solution. This includes analyzing detailed construction plans to identify cabling infrastructure paths.
Often in intensely competitive environments, you’ll need to strike a balance between deep technical expertise across multiple networking products and strong interpersonal selling and consultative skills.
We need you to have excellent communication and presentation skills, a great teamwork ethic, be a self-starter with insatiable hunger for knowledge.
- Work with current Sales Engineers and Sales Managers to determine customer needs and architect a suitable solution
- Collect design plan documents (construction and electrical) from potential clients and determine the optimal networking architecture based on Dish Fiber/Networking standards
- Collaborate with various departments within Dish Business to determine the best overall Dish Fiber solution for prospective clients. These departments include Sales, Infrastructure Design, and Installation Services
- Provide pre-sale technical consultative support including drafting technical documentation and/or network solutions for contractual inclusion, maintaining awareness of competitive/alternative solutions and positioning our products accordingly
- Travel may be required (:30%)
Skills, Experience And Requirements
- College degree required or equivalent field experience
- Network installation and configuration experience required (min 1-yr)
- CCENT/CCNA or Network+ certification a plus
- Network architecture and design experience (min 1-yr)
- Experience creating network based BOMs based on design criteria
- Experience responding to technology based RFP/RFI a plus
- Experience with construction plan (low voltage and electrical) review and interpretation
- Experience with AutoCAD and MS Visio a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills as this job will lead to a more client facing role with experience
Compensation: $75,600.00/Year - $120,000.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website .
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.