EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite communication solutions. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., and conducting business around the globe, EchoStar is a pioneer in communications technologies through its Hughes Network Systems and EchoStar Satellite Services business segments. For more information, visit echostar.com. Follow @EchoStar on Twitter.
EchoStar has an exciting opportunity for a Satellite Wireless System Engineer. This position will be located at our headquarters in Denver, CO.
- Define operational specifications and requirements for a 3GPP standard based core (EPC) architecture. The eNB/RAN and UE network infrastructure will be based on the 3GPP standards and shall incorporate non-terrestrial networks, satellite connectivity, hybrid solutions.
- Define and validate coexistence requirements for interoperability with satellite networks, Non-terrestrial networks, in the L/S-band spectrum based on 3GPP standards, including radio propagation modeling and prediction.
- Key contributor as a subject matter expert in radio frequency (RF) and/or wireless transmission design shall perform RF design and plan wireless radio communications systems for a wireless network including RF link analysis, radio propagation modeling and prediction, interference analysis to ensure that operational specifications and requirements are met.
- Support the business development group in establishing capacity requirements, design criteria, link budget and traffic analysis as needed for network design.
- Recommend commercial tools and applications for simulations of wireless systems and lead the efforts to Optimize the end-to-end RF design and propagation modeling.
- Define equipment requirements and specifications based on the RF design and capacity requirements
- Work with business operations to establish capacity requirements, design criteria, link budget and traffic analysis as needed for network design.
- Conduct and assists in the simulation of wireless systems using industry standard commercial tools.
- Conduct and assist in the design and performance of test plans to ensure accurate and consistent product testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related technical field
- Previous experience in RF communications systems engineering.
- 5+ years of relevant LTE/3G/4G/5G RF working experience.
- 5+ years overall wireless experience in Design/Optimization including RF analysis.
- Must be a U.S. Person (e.g., U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, U.S. National or a protected individual under 8 U.S.C. 1234b(a)(3)) as position requires access to U.S. export restricted materials
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related technical field
- Experience with RF designs including development, operations and maintenance of RF link budgets for 3GPP technologies.
- Working knowledge of at least two of the common industry propagation/planning tools (like Planet or Atoll) and experience with model calibrations.
- Understanding of equipment co-location requirements for multiple operators and experience performing inter-modulation and other external interference analysis
Will be eligible for discretionary bonus, with funding based on company performance.
Annual Salary: $116,500.00 - $155,000.00
EchoStar is committed to offering a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Our programs are designed to provide you with the ability to customize your benefits to best meet the needs of you and your family. Our philosophy for these programs is to support and encourage healthy living and wellness. Our benefits package covers it all–from healthcare savings plans to education assistance and more!
Financial: 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match; employee stock purchase plan; profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance, AD&D and disability
Work-Life Balance: Paid Time Off (PTO), company-paid holidays, health and wellness events, exercise and sports facilities (locations may vary)
Employee Incentives: Tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, year round employee events and community programs, discounts on Dish Network and HughesNet
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health Savings Account (HSA) with opportunities to earn employer contributions; Health Care, Dependent Care and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
EchoStar and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. U.S. Persons or those able to obtain and maintain U.S. government security clearances may be required for certain positions. EEO is the law.