The Senior Accountant will be responsible for oversight and review for all aspects of accounting related to their region.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Indirectly supervise the work product of one to three staff accountants.
- Review and analyze work submitted by staff accountants.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of customer revenue agreements in relation to assigned region.
- Ensure regional contract summaries are maintained and updated on a monthly basis.
- Confirm all contracts and amendments are being billed accurately, completely and properly reported.
- Understand and evaluate contracts quarterly for proper accounting under ASC 606 &/or ASC 842.
- Facilitate budget to actual results meeting between Business Development and Accounting.
- Review Terminal month-end inventory statements for acceptable gain/loss, researching any operational variances issues with Operations and Business Development.
- Review invoices for appropriate charges per customer contracts: throughput fees, ancillary fees, contractual gain/loss settlements, etc.
- Review and analyze monthly terminal revenue reports for variances between current month, prior month and budget for management review and approval.
- Review outstanding receivables on a routine basis; requesting updates from accountant, providing feedback or direction for uncollected amounts, escalating amounts of concern to appropriate departments.
- Review monthly journal entries for revenues, cost of goods sold and/or variable expenses, in accordance with GAAP.
- Research and resolve issues with Terminal Managers, Business Development, vendors and customers as needed. This includes researching and resolving volumetric and pricing discrepancies.
- Review monthly account reconciliations.
- Review and facilitate revenue budget annually for designated regions, collaborate with other departments and providing guidance to staff accountants.
- Prepare and review various financial statements and analysis for distribution to management.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls and policies and procedures in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Assist in preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting.
- Establish and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with internal and external customers to consistently improve customer service.
- Assist in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, and/or accounting.
- Assist Senior Management on various projects/tasks as needed.