Since 2004, Mandiant has been a trusted partner to security-conscious organizations. Effective security is based on the right combination of expertise, intelligence, and adaptive technology, and the Mandiant Advantage SaaS platform scales decades of frontline experience and industry-leading threat intelligence to deliver a range of dynamic cyber defense solutions. Mandiant’s approach helps organizations develop more effective and efficient cyber security programs and instills?confidence in their readiness to defend against and respond to cyber threats.
Mandiant's Global Government team is seeking an?Information Security Consultant who also possesses an engineering background to support our Mandiant Security Validation platform. ?The Information Security Consultant is instrumental in the organization's ability to deliver the full breath of capability of our enterprise Security Instrumentation Platform (SIP). ?This technical role is responsible for supporting customers with planning the use of SIP, deployment of the platform, and long-term operational use of the solution. ?
Successful candidates have experience working in large-scale and high pace operational environments focusing on cyber defense.? As well as the keen ability to design or integrate new capabilities.? Demonstrated abilities in thought leadership, technical competencies in security and architecture, multitasking, cross-collaboration, and a high capacity to learn are imperative. Ideally this position will report out of Washington DC, with the opportunity for 10-20% travel globally so we?are flexible on the location of this role!
What you will do:
- Development of “Go Live" kickoff engagements.
- Manage the design and architect stage of Mandiant Security Validation?deployments.
- Oversee the deployment and configuration of Mandiant Security Validation SIP in customer environments.
- Enable customers on Mandiant Security Validation?SIP through the sharing of best practices and communicating lessons learned.
- Provide product expertise and guidance to customers on the use of Mandiant Security Validation SIP for improving their ability to detect, block, alert and respond to cyber security threats.
- Collaborate with the Mandiant Security Validation?engineering teams on suggested features, processes, and opportunities for improving the product.?
- Help establish the global government team supporting clients and collaborating with the Customer Success Organization on the Mandiant Security Validation?product line as the industry's best by enabling customers.
- Demonstrate customer value of the Mandiant Security Validation platform by recommendation technology modifications resulting from generated reports.
- Minimum of Eight (8+) years of demonstrated information security and engineering experience
- 2+ years experience with DoD 8570.01 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II
- 2+ years experience with Networking fundamentals (DHCP, DNS, HTTP, TCP/IP, etc.)
- 2+ years experience with SIEM and the relationship between alerting and correlation rule triggering
- 1+ years experience with Programming language and scripting knowledge, with basic experience
- Active TS/SCI Clearance required
- Ability to travel up to 70%
- Cyber security relevant certifications (Security+, CEH, GIAC GCIA, GCIH, CISSP, etc.)
- Demonstrated aptitude and desire to learn new technologies and services
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise, understandable manner
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to establish rapport with clients
- Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments
- Ability to plan and supervise others through major technology assignments
- Understanding of cyber security at a technical level across each of the 7 layers of the OSI Model.
- System Administration knowledge/experience: Unix/Linux
- Security device configuration and administration (firewalls, IDS/IPS, Proxy, etc.)
- In-depth security log analysis skills
- Wireshark/tcp dump skills
- Understanding of frameworks and standards: MITRE ATT&CK, Kill Chain, NIST Cyber Security Framework, ISO, etc.
As a U.S. federal contractor, Mandiant has adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy to comply with our obligations under applicable laws and requirements. This position may be covered under Mandiant’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, as required in order to support federal contracts, access company offices and/or attend in-person meetings and work events. If covered under this policy, proof of vaccination against COVID-19 may be required as a condition of hire. At Mandiant we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This is a regionally-based role that must be located within the Washington DC Metro Region.