No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
Provider Technology Services (PTS) is a clinically-oriented health IT consulting group within Optum Advisory Services. We pair technology experts, management consultants, and skilled clinical leaders together to help health systems and provider entities achieve clinical and financial return from their technology investments.
Our holistic approach to EHR optimization includes technical solutions, stakeholder engagement and education, clinical workflow redesign, and reporting capabilities to help health systems prepare for and thrive under value-based and risk-based models by focusing on three constituencies critical to care delivery: providers and their care teams, patients, and payers.
The Senior Consultant supports the Project Manager and the project team for our client engagements, and ensures that clients generate significant value from their ongoing partnership with PTS. The consultant will work directly with Project Managers and with the client on an ongoing basis to ensure that agreed upon clinical, financial and operational targets are achieved within the approved project scope and timeline.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Client Management & Consultative Support
- Provide on-site and off-site consultative services for a portfolio of clients, including performance assessments, project updates, content presentations, and executive steering committee meetings
- Present to executives and senior level clients; foster relationships with client executive teams
- Develop and maintain an active service plan and account strategy for each client - identifying client objectives and ensure optimal utilization of engagement services as well as matching new capabilities and services to meet these objectives
- Facilitate client calls and in-person meetings
- Provide best practice recommendations and serve as thought partner for client project team to drive performance improvement and change management initiatives
- Analyze institutions' operational, clinical, and/or financial performance as it relates to the optimization initiative
- Document and present value and ROI statistics to client project team and executives
- Provide action plans for areas where performance is not tracking to target
- Understand basic functionality of the EHR build and develop expertise in solution offerings
- Project Management
- Set and execute against project milestones
- Provide regular project status updates
- Diagnose issues, identify root causes, and drive change management initiatives
- Internal activities
- Identify opportunities for service and solution development
- Maintain deep subject matter knowledge of Provider Technology Services’ offering and capabilities
- Participate in internal solution development activities
- Support solution marketing and business development activities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of professional experience and at least three of the following:
- Consulting experience
- Client management experience
- Project management experience
- Experience working in the health care industry
- Experience presenting to senior executive level audiences
- Demonstrable analytical reasoning or quantitative analysis
- Willingness to travel at least 60% domestically
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Master’s degree in a health or business-related field
- Hospital or ambulatory operations experience (e.g. fellowships, residencies, full-time)
- Analytical reasoning and solution-focused problem solving
- Proven ability to prioritize across multiple projects and relationships
- Proven ability to manage projects independently
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: consulting, senior consultant, IT consulting, client management, Provider Technology Services, EHR, project management, telecommute, telecommuter, work from home, remote