UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are currently seeking a candidate to fill an exciting role within UnitedHealthcare Networks (UHN) University. The Digital Learning Designer will build scalable learning experiences that develop leaders and teams across UnitedHealthcare Networks. The ideal candidate will be creative and tech savvy with experience working across multiple instructional delivery modalities. The Digital Learning Designer will create and continuously improve learning experiences using an array of approaches that engage learners and drive high-impact learning.
You will be responsible for developing high-quality training content in multiple formats such as interactive eLearning, videos, instructor-led content, virtual classroom design, tool kits, job aids, infographics, study guides and simulations. The role requires an individual who can innovate, move quickly, and not be constrained by how things have been done before. The role also requires deep collaboration with SMEs including senior-level leaders across multiple disciplines / functional roles.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working on multiple projects in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. The candidate should be an adult learning expert who is creative, analytical, and customer-obsessed with strong writing and graphic design skills. They must be willing to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done while insisting on the highest standards and measuring the impact of the learning experiences they build.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design and develop creative, learner-centered, performance-based training materials utilizing interactive eLearning modules, videos, digital design, and visual storytelling
- Use appropriate tools and delivery methods to produce blended learning materials
- Develop scalable modules to ensure all training programs are consistent and ready for a potentially global audience
- Facilitate scoping meetings with subject matter experts and technical project leads, devise, and drive training communication updates
- Continually evaluate solutions for quality, behavioral and business impact, and scalability
- Pursue a deep understanding of learner roles and work with SMEs to ensure learning solutions meet learner needs
- Leverage technology to improve learner access to materials and provide just-in-time learning
- Maintain knowledge of new learning approaches, technology, and tools through continuous research to ensure our solutions deliver innovation
- Develop assessments that measure learner outcomes and understanding
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in instructional and graphic design and learning content development
- Experience designing, developing, planning, implementing, and assessing training to current industry and adult learning standards
- Experience collaborating with subject matter experts, global stakeholders, and senior leaders
- Advanced knowledge of media development (image, video, audio)
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading and verbal skills
- Expert level skills in Articulate Storyline and Camtasia
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Experience developing training collateral, interactive digital eLearning modules, infographics, and job aids
- Experience planning for and analyzing data-driven learning experiences
- Experience managing / updating training content residing on modernized eLearning platform
- Advanced skills in Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Learning management system administration experience, including eLearning publishing, and learning assessments
- History of sparking improvements in learning strategy and content through collaboration and prototyping
- Ability to prioritize, manage and complete multiple projects with tight deadlines, multiple stakeholders, and minimal oversight
- An eye for visual design and a knack for creating great user experiences
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Digital Learning Designer, Instructional Design, Online Learning, E-Learning, E Leaning, E-Learning, Adult Learning, Curriculum Developer, Storyline, Articulate and Captivate, Design, Development, Implementation, Strategy, Vision, Project Management, Digital, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota