Requisition ID: req31378
Job Title: Senior Finance Coordinator
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Denver, CO USA
Job Overview: The IRC Denver has a current budget of more than $10 million with multiple federal, state, and private contracts and grants as well as several sub grantees. The Senior Finance Coordinator will work with the Senior Finance and Budget manager to control and manage the implementation of the accounting systems in the IRC Denver. This will include assisting with the collection and processing of IRC's financial data to provide management, donors, grantors, creditors, and others with timely, accurate and understandable information. The Senior Finance Coordinator is located in the Denver office and will report to the Senior Finance and Budget Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Ensure office compliance with IRC's accounting policies vis-à-vis fund accounting as noted in IRC's finance manual and generally accepted accounting principles.
* Work with Senior Finance and Budget Manager to review all accounting transactions to ensure proper coding and enter all transactions into IRC's accounting software.
* Prepare journal entries to record HQ transactions in the regional office accounting software.
* Support the Senior Finance and Budget Manager with facilitation of any external or internal audit.
* Work with Senior Finance and Budget Manager to prepare financial reports to various donors as per contractual obligations. Submit reports to the donors after obtaining sign off from the Senior Finance and Budget Manager.
* Meeting with Program Managers and other supervisors to review the BVA for all the active grants.
* Work with resettlement & employment team to ensure all financial aspects meet IRC compliance requirements
* Data entry and processing the payment through accounting system
* Review and manage the resettlement & employment program for the financial aspects such as reviewing the client's financial ledger; supporting documents, generate Integra report and processing the reconciliation.
* Sending the weekly Integra reports to R&P and MG team and get the confirmation from Resettlement Coordinator and Employment manager that Integra report is agreed with client money's sheet (through ETO) on monthly basis
* Follow up with donors on the A/R.
* Ensure compliance with IRC's Financial Internal Control procedures.
* Review current service agreements for cost effectiveness and recommend changes as appropriate.
* Maintain grant and contract files for all programs.
* Assist the Senior Finance and Budget Manager in other areas as required.
* Satisfy recordkeeping and reporting requirements.
* May train and lead the activities of volunteers and interns.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Undergraduate degree in a related field such as Accounting or Finance strongly preferred.
* 5+ years of nonprofit accounting/financial management experience
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
* Demonstrated ability to promote an organizational culture that reflects IRC's core values of service, accountability, integrity, and equality. Ability to lead in a way that recognizes that IRC's work is best accomplished through the true collaboration of individuals from many cultures with a great variety of skills and perspectives.
* Strong relationship building, diplomacy, and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and external relationships.
* Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
* Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to prioritize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines.
* Attention to detail and ability to maintain accuracy in work product in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
* Fluent in English, both spoken and written; proficiency in language(s) spoken by client group is desired.
* Solid computer-based accounting skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Proven ability to work effectively as a member of a team, both with colleagues sharing similar functions as well as cross-functionally.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research, and problem-solving purposes.
* Valid driver's license and access to a personal, insured vehicle.
* A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and 'field' time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
* Occasional domestic (non-local) travel required; up to 10%.
* May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] to request accommodation.
Compensation and Benefits: This position is a full-time, regular position scheduled at 37.5 hours per week. This position is exempt (salaried) and is ineligible for overtime in accordance with state and federal laws. Compensation starts at $55,000-$65,000 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience. This position is eligible for IRC's comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
* Generous paid time off with 20 days of paid vacation per year, 10 days of paid sick leave per year (not inclusive of paid COVID leave), and at least 10 paid holidays per year.
* Outstanding medical insurance with employee contributions toward premiums starting at $120 per month.
* Dental insurance with employee contributions toward premiums starting at $7 per month.
* Vision care benefits with employee contributions toward premiums starting at $5 per month.
* Optional health care and dependent care flexible savings accounts and commuter benefits programs.
* Life, accident, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance.
* A 403(b)-retirement savings plan that offers employer contributions and an immediately vested matching contribution program.
* A comprehensive employee assistance and resilience program that is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care when experiencing crisis or mental health struggles.
* A local office-level commitment to staff learning and growth, with an annual staff professional development account of at least $350 annually.