Grow your career with a growing organization
Whether they’re helping people reach their long-term financial goals or providing personal wealth management strategies, every associate contributes to changing the lives of those we serve for the better. When it comes to job satisfaction, that’s hard to beat. And from a personal satisfaction perspective, you’ll enjoy the freedom to support causes that matter to you and experience a truly inclusive work environment. Your future starts now.
Senior Financial Advisors on the Financial Wellness Advisor team will provide consultations and advice on a range of financial topics to plan participants. Role seeks to cultivate long term relationships with Empower. Through inbound and outbound calls, the role will help address immediate questions and concerns, and uncover opportunities to provide solutions that helps participants achieve their short term and long term financial goals. Significant focus is placed on making sure that participants are taking actionable steps that can set them up for future financial success.
This role provides education and point-in-time advice on topics to help a retirement plan participant become best prepared for retirement and to meet their near term and long term holistic financial goals. Depending on specific needs, consultations and advice can include topics such as: savings optimization, emergency savings, student debt options, retirement income planning, social security optimization, medicare consultation referrals, rollover into plan or IRA options, investment account/brokerage account options (retail), optimized investment allocation, general financial wellness, health savings accounts (HSAs), life insurance referrals, SecureFoundation/Annuity solution referrals, and additional products/solutions aligned with the customer’s needs. You will also focuses on opportunities for ongoing professional account management, and educates or advises participants on Empower Managed Account Services solutions, and opportunities to utilize an Empower Financial Planner, depending on services available on the plan.
This Senior Financial Advisor can directly enroll participants into a managed account solution based on customer direction. You will also responsible for obtaining and maintaining certification that provides specialized knowledge, education, and insight into the unique financial challenges senior citizens face. Role is responsible for increasing assets under management (AUM) by initiating proactive product discussions and educating participants on industry best practices on retirement readiness. Role will be held accountable for meeting quarterly and annual sales goals.
What You Will Do
- Will provide expertise on a range of financial topics.
- Will initiate sales activity through inbound and outbound calls to increase AUM or product/solution adoption.
- Pro-actively educates or advises current, potential, or terminated retirement plan participants.
- May utilize pre-defined scripts; however, based on the needs of the participant, will need to identify and educate on alternative product offerings to achieve department growth and retention objectives.
- Provides education and point-in-time advice on topics to help a retirement plan participant become best prepared for retirement, including: rollover into plan or IRA options, investment account/brokerage account options (non-retirement), optimized investment allocation and savings amounts, general financial wellness, health savings accounts (HSAs), student loan debt solutions, life insurance referrals, SecureFoundation/Annuity solution referrals, Medicare solution referrals, and additional products/solutions aligned with the customer’s needs.
- Manages customer financial wellness inquiries on a reactive basis, demonstrating a vast knowledge of the financial marketplace and opportunities to help individuals achieve their goals.
- Effectively manages time and prioritizes to understand, assess, and meet customer needs.
- Identify opportunities to expand current relationships and seek new business through households and/or associated contacts.
- Educates or advises participants on Empower Managed Account Services solutions, when appropriate, and enrolls participants into a managed account solution.
- Educates on opportunities to utilize an Empower Financial Planner, when available, and appropriate to the participant’s needs.
- Answers and responds appropriately to inquiries from current retirement plan participants via inbound/outbound calls in order to identify and/or close a sales opportunity.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness to deliver accurate product and industry information.
- Develops, maintains and fosters positive/enhanced working relationships with participants.
- Initiates proactive/follow-up phone calls on behalf of the participant to current fund company to begin the necessary paperwork to transfer money to Empower products when needed.
- Effectively diagnoses client issues and problems.
- Demonstrates appropriate insight and judgment to resolve issues/problems through education/advice on appropriate products. Identifies and explores exception processing possibility.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Empower transaction requirements.
- Updates and maintains account history and daily activity records based on participant calls in order to develop/track future sales opportunities.
- Will be required to track and monitor the success rate and overall customer satisfaction through the sales process.
- Other duties as assigned which may involve some or all of the following: staff meetings, product seminars/training, meeting all federal and state requirements as they pertain to securities and insurance regulations etc., in support of strategic department and firm initiatives.
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- FINRA Series 7, 63 and 65 registrations required within corporate-established timelines
- FINRA Fingerprinting required
- CSA (Certified Senior Advisor) designation within corporate-established timelines
What Will Set You Apart
- 4+ years’ customer service and/or outbound sales experience in financial services or 401k industry.
- 1-2 years of previous inside sales experience preferred, but not required
- Previous attainment of Series 65 or 66 preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational skills; strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Comprehensive PC skills including knowledge of Empower recordkeeping system.
- Solid practical understanding of internal policies and procedures as well as our product offerings and the retirement plan industry. Thorough knowledge of retirement plans (401k, 403b, 401a, 457, etc.).
What we offer you
We offer an array of diverse and inclusive benefits regardless of where you are in your career. We believe that providing our employees with the means to lead healthy balanced lives results in the best possible work performance.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement savings – 401(k) plan with generous company matching contributions (up to 5%), financial advisory services, potential company discretionary contribution, and a broad investment lineup
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Business-casual environment that includes the option to wear jeans
- Generous paid time off upon hire – including a paid time off program plus nine paid company holidays and three floating holidays each calendar year
- Paid volunteer time — 16 hours per calendar year
- Leave of absence programs – including paid parental leave, paid short- and long-term disability, and Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) - internal networks that rally around common interest, experiences and identities such as race, ethnicity, gender, ability, military status and sexual orientation. BRGs play a vital role in educating and engaging our people and advancing our business priorities.
The salary range below describes the minimum to maximum base salary range for this position in the location listed. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation offered may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
Base Salary Range
CO Greenwood Village
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over), race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, religion, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.