The Senior or Lead Fund Administration Accountant exists to direct team development within the daily accounting, financial reporting and expense areas. Contributing as an integral part of the mutual fund operations and expense team, performing oversight of a large mutual fund, ETF and UCIT fund complex. The Accountant will cross train and collaborate with several internal functional teams, understand the business, and add value. In this role the individual is also expected to perform efficiently and be part of a lean team that is passionate about continuous growth and development. Manage risk, be critical of processes, and offer strategies for improvement.
What You Will Do:
- Oversee service provider Fund Administration, Fund Accounting and Custody functions and perform initial review of expense budgets and payments, general ledger activity, monthly reconciliations, and fund performance calculations.
- Oversee service provider and perform initial review of monthly and quarterly financial reporting and accounting, both internal and external in accordance with SEC regulations for annual audits in publishable formats, for funds, ETFs, and AEGON fund complex related companies. This includes, but not limited to, N-MFP, N-Q, N-1A, N-SAR, N-PORT and N-CEN.
- Participate and provide initial reviews of the semi-annual and annual regulatory reporting to the SEC, shareholders, and insurance regulators.
- Prepare and/or provide initial reviews of various Board of Trustee reports.
- Support managers with the day-to-day conduct of the annual audits of the funds, which includes overseeing the completion of PBC documents, audit confirmations, and communications with external auditors.
- Support team members with general accounting and financial reporting inquiries.
- Review daily financial reporting, including daily NAV oversight, to management and outside agencies, including publishing on the website.
- Develop process procedures and controls for accounting operations, financial reporting and system applications.
- Perform special assignments as requested.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or financial services related field, or equivalent education/experience.
- Generally five years of relevant work experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills (fundamental Visual Basic skills specifically related to use of Excel macros).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of SEC financial accounting and reporting requirements.
- Experience in an oversight role and knowledge of State Street and Citi systems.
- Generally 5 or more years of mutual fund experience and 2 years or more of mutual fund expense or operations experience.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and effectively lead/train staff.
- Familiar with SEC filings, guidelines and investment proformas/budgets.
**Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation. **
The Salary for this position generally ranges between $55,000-$70,000. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs and other considerations permitted by law. The range may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule 4.1.2.
This position is also typically eligible for an Annual Bonus based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at Company Discretion at a rate of 10%.
- Office environment.