Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you are located in the Greater Orange County Area or Califonia you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
This position is responsible for performing comprehensive research, managing program analytical portfolios, and identifying key business problems. Develops and improves quantitative data analytics and sets performance targets for the enterprise. Interprets and analyzes clinical, medical and administrative data from various sources and recommends best approaches for its consolidation.
- Serves as a Senior Healthcare Economics consultant for national and local market projects
- Develops comprehensive understanding of key performance indicators for clinical programs and initiatives being measured
- Manages complex projects to completion by contributing to data collection, data analysis, statistical modeling and financial reports
- Identifies and implements consistent and sustainable analytic processes and methodologies in order to track and measure program effectiveness
- Performs statistical and trend analyses to determine effectiveness of clinical programs (e.g. pre-post analysis, clinical trial results)
- Partners with business owners or leaders to develop effective strategies
- Collects, analyzes and performs quality assurance on analytic initiatives that consume data from multiple sources
- Works with a variety of teams to identify areas of opportunity in order to drive financial and outcome performance of programs
- Provides consistent and timely communication on projects, results and conclusions from analyses
- Participates in the development of business strategy when necessary
- Extracts, aggregates and performs quality checks on applicable data from multiple sources and tables for purposes of root cause analysis
- Performs data analytics in support of medical expense trend identification, clinical initiative, affordability program development and validation
- Communicate results to relevant audiences and customers and incorporates results into financial forecasts, if applicable
- Provides ongoing communications on project status, results, and conclusions from analyses
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of work experience in a corporate setting
- 5+ years of experience in health care analytics
- Experience with multiple healthcare data types (medical claims, membership, provider, pharmacy, authorization, capitation)
- Experience with Medicare, Commercial, or Medicaid population analytics
- Advanced level proficiency with SQL, SQL Server and/or Tableau
- Experience with statistical modeling and analysis
- DOMO and/or SSRS experience
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present ideas and concepts effectively
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Healthcare Economics Consultant, Medical and Clinical Analytics, Irvine, California, CA, Greater Orange County, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote, medical informatics, clinical informatics, Pharmaco Economics, statistical modeling, manage complex projects, UHG, Optum