Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This position is responsible for supporting a population health analytics team. The team develops, produces, and distributes identification and stratification tools to the health care delivery team within the Optum Care Delivery Organizations. Role includes researching, supporting program analytical portfolios, and identifying key business problems. Additional responsibilities involve strategic trend identification, monitoring medical cost trend, issue resolution and technical solutions related to data, data flow and algorithm development. Partners to develops and improve identification and stratification models performance. Interprets and analyzes clinical data from various sources and recommends best approaches for its consolidation and use to support patient care and business objectives.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develops full understanding of identification and stratification tools and the populations / markets in which the tools are deployed
- Manages projects to completion by contributing to database creation, statistical modeling, and data delivery processes
- Identifies and implements appropriate analytic approaches and methodologies and sets performance targets
- Performs statistical analyses to determine effectiveness of tools and monitors long term performance of analytics
- Participates in the development of business strategy when necessary
- Extracts, aggregates, and conducts quality assurance on applicable data from multiple sources and tables for purposes of root cause analysis
- Performs data analytics in support of trend identification, initiative, program development, appropriate use of analytic tools, and validation
- Communicates results to relevant audiences and customers
- Provides ongoing communications on project status, results, and conclusions from analyses
- Partner with Clinical Performance and local leadership teams to support population management strategies
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance or Health Administration or related field
- 5+ years of Healthcare Analytics or Financial experience
- 5+ years of experience using SQL
- Tableau, SSRS, SSIS, Python, R, Snowflake or Teradata SQL experience
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present ideas and concepts effectively
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Senior Healthcare Economics Consultant, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote