Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 10 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
As a Senior Learning Experience Designer on the Teammate Experience and Development team, you’ll design and develop solutions for strategic, high-priority initiatives that ensure our teammates can deliver their best work and be the best version of themselves. This position will be responsible for creating objective-driven, action-oriented experiences that support learning, onboarding, performance management, advancement and leadership development. You will create content specific to the needs and personas of our leaders, clinicians and teammates within care delivery organizations.
The ideal candidate will approach every project with a human-centered, design thinking mindset and work effectively in a collaborative environment with clinical and operational subject matter experts as well as designers and other creatives. You’ll be working in a fast-paced business so flexibility is critical for success. We are focused on providing a best-in-class teammate experience that meets the needs of our workforce and business, and you will have a significant role in helping us achieve that goal.
An integral part of this role is alignment with UnitedHealth Group’s mission to help people live healthier lives and to help make the health system work better for everyone along with our values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance
If you are located within 60 miles of Denver, CO, Everett, WA, El Segundo, CA or Albuquerque, NM, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Approach every project with a human-centered, design thinking mindset
- Use the Action Mapping framework to translate concepts into action and create focused deliverables that drive measurable behavior change and results
- Create actionable learning campaigns and help drive teammate engagement
- Work with clinical, operational and business leaders to create content specific to teammate personas and aligned to business needs
- Write and proofread collateral, instructional material, and internal communications for digital and print
- Ensure consistency in voice, style and brand across deliverables
- Manage and execute on every aspect of a project from concept to completion with speed and accuracy
- Work in an agile development process, iterating on ideas and deliverables based on user feedback
- Collaborate with teammates to design and implement deliverables and serve as a thought partner in learning experience design
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems.
- Works with minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for others with less experience.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 7+ years experience in instructional design, with progressing levels of responsibility
- A portfolio showing relevant work samples that include actionable, results-driven learning solutions
- Practitioner of human-centered design and design thinking
- Expertise in adult learning
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) from a four-year accredited college or university
- Instructional design certification or degree
- Experience in design consultancy, communications or marketing
- Experience in change management
- Experience in the health care industry
- Eye for detail and consistency in style
- Ability to thrive in a culture of self-direction and ambiguity
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords - designer, training, learning, web, internet, virtual, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, RPO