Spectrum is seeking an independent, passionate and experienced professional to lead the Spectrum Cybersecurity Vulnerability Management Team. The position will provide thought leadership, technical guidance and overall team direction for all aspects of vulnerability management across Charter Spectrum’s customer facing networks. The Ideal candidate will be a technically experienced innovative cybersecurity professional with the ability to build relationships in a fast paced diverse environment. This role will ensure that Spectrum’s vulnerability management program provides comprehensive vulnerability collection assessment and reporting. The right individual will also manage a team of security engineers responsible for baseline security compliance scanning as well as penetration testing. This position will have the opportunity to build an enterprise class vulnerability assessment, compliance and penetration testing organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a team of security engineers responsible for identifying, tracking and reporting all findings from system, container and application vulnerability scans along with results from penetration tests and baseline security compliance scans.
- Provide thought leadership, technical guidance and overall team direction for all aspects of vulnerability management across Spectrum’s customer facing networks.
- Ensure that Spectrum’s vulnerability management program provides comprehensive vulnerability collection, assessment, triage, and actionable remediation plans at scale.
- Be and remain connected with industry trends and security events and apply that knowledge to accelerate and advance the vulnerability management program
- Build relationships to champion adoption of the vulnerability management, compliance and penetration testing program
- Manage a team of cybersecurity engineers to include hiring, performance management, and team building
- Establish consistent industry standard processes, standards and guidelines for the vulnerability management, compliance and penetration testing program
- Establish enterprise class KPI tracking and management to ensure consistent actionable reporting to all levels of the organization
- Drive expansion and advancement of the program to ensure comprehensive identification of risk across all business units
- Expand vulnerability assessment coverage depth by adding new tooling to the vulnerability management portfolio
- Develop a centralized data consolidation and analysis system for all vulnerability data
- Develop a communication plan for vulnerability data leveraging a pull based model detailed by business unit
- Work with management to develop long term strategy, annual plan and tactical plan for the vulnerability assessment and intelligence program
- Exhibit exception written and verbal communication skills
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems Security, Cybersecurity, Business or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum eight (8) years of technology / engineering work experience
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in security operations, vulnerability management, or cyber security risk management
- Minimum five (5) years of management and supervisory experience
- Minimum four (4) years of experience with project management, DB design and administration.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Exposure to a broad range of department and/or system analysis
- Ability to manage individuals and teams while managing the daily operations of the department
- Maintains knowledge to ensure compliance with Network Operations standards, policies and procedures.
- Expert-level understanding of vulnerability management, compliance, SDLC, application assessment, static code analysis, risk assessment, and penetration testing knowledge.
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Skilled at working in a team environment as well as in cross functional team situations
- Strong user of MS Office product suite
- Should be able to be available on call
- Must be willing to work flexible schedules including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Experience leading or providing daily management and operational support for a team of senior security engineers
- Industry and vendor specific security certifications and training (CISSP, GCTI, GCFA, etc.)
- Understanding of security related software applications and programming
- Knowledge of project management
- CISSP/GIAC security Certification
- Office Environment
- Occasional travel as required
#LI-AK ISE600-APO 310436 310436BR
Here, employees don’t just have jobs, they build careers. That’s why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a salary range of $107,600.00 to $191,200.00. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.