At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America’s first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.
What you will be doing
The Traffic Engineering Department is responsible for establishing and scaling connectivity for voice and data interconnect between the DISH core network and the rest of the world. For voice this means interconnection with the PSTN, IXCs, VoIP providers, MNOs and a full range of specialized service providers. For data this means interconnection with a full range of ISPs, content and cloud service providers. Responsibility for number procurement and management, call routing, regulated services, traffic management also falls under this Department. This Department will create processes to support this work and collaborate with internal and external vendors to establish guidelines for network growth per industry policies for DISH’s next-gen 5G wireless network.
Day-to-day job responsibilities:
- Use traffic modeling and traffic engineering principles to forecast anticipated traffic loads and engineer to achieve DISH requirements for performance such as call blocking and latency
- Anticipate congestion issues and recommend remediation tactics to ensure overall network and customer KPIs are achieved considering appropriate planning horizons
- Collaborate with other DISH teams to identify potential congestion sources inherent to hardware, software or transport limitations. Additionally, review customer-level network slices and provision appropriately
- Build systems, tools and processes that assure busy hour traffic loads are supported and all traffic meets performance requirements
- Work with data scientists, NOC and other engineers to build closed-loop automation of systems and develop reporting to meet all regulatory requirements
- Build a team that can support meeting all above-mentioned responsibilities; create and manage team budgets
#LI-RO2 #DICE_RO #
Skills and experience
The successful Sr. Manager will have:
- Understanding of inter-carrier voice traffic routing including a SIP, SS7, LERG, number porting, trunking, etc. Some understanding of mobile vocoders and translating between various codecs such as G.711 and AMR-WB desirable
- Extensive experience in data analysis, statistical principles, fault isolation and resolution including ability to convert data into actionable information for both engineers and executives
- Ability to direct a team to develop and execute comprehensive test plans to evaluate user experience and network and vendor performance
- Ability to effectively manage vendors to assure contracted performance including SLA compliance, responsiveness and service assurance; Ability to assure that vendors are effectively executing in the DISH environment though the creation of effective processes, automation, accountability metrics and associated KPIs
- Understanding of number administration, ordering and management including LNP
- Understanding of regulatory mandates, requirements and reporting including current and future requirements for 911, N11, WEA and lawful access / CALEA
- Five years of wireless/wireline capacity planning experience
- 10 years of management experience
- Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s degree or related discipline preferred
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5-10 years of management & wireless/wireline capacity planning experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Understanding of inter-carrier voice traffic routing including a SIP, SS7, LERG, number porting, trunking, & Local Exchange Carrier interconnect agreements, etc. Some understanding of mobile vocoders and translating between various codecs such as G.711 and AMR-WB desirable
Compensation: $114,885.00/Yr. - $181,390.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check, which may include a drug test.