Eaton’s Power Systems Division is currently seeking a SeniorMechanical Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Dacono, CO,site.
The Senior MechanicalEngineer is responsible for the design-to-manufacturability of new products at Eaton's newly acquiredInnovative Switchgear Solutions(ISG) business. ISG manufactures a range of medium-voltagesolid dielectric underground/pad mount switchgear.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion ofevery employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity,invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold,bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you canhelp us reach ours.
- Perform engineeringanalyses, including confirming product or system capabilities through designfeasibility and test methods.
- Support the design-to-manufacturability of new products, including creating models, drawings, manufacturing assemblies, complex assemblies, exploding assemblies, manufacturing drawings (all per ANSI standards), as well as customer/marketing/outline drawings, in SolidWorks, including calculating relevant tolerances and interferences.
- Prepare systems, and systems integration test protocols.
- Create and modify bills of material in our enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.
- Prepare photo, written and video work instructions for the manufacturing floor personnel, with an eye toward assembly methods and improvements thereon.
- Perform sustaining engineering tasks within the engineering vault.
- Prepare various technical writings including all engineering aspects of product manuals, including operations and installation manuals.
- Participate in all engineering and manufacturing requirements of our Quality Management System.
- Plan, direct and coordinate assigned engineering activities and projects.
- Conduct design review presentation for projects assigned.
- Assist with training and/or providing engineering support to manufacturing personnel, as required.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives andbackgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company —are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years engineering experience.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Dacono, CO will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering is preferred.
- Five or more years of experience in engineering is a plus.
- SAP Experience
- Experience with engineering modeling is preferred.
- Proficiency in operating an engineering computer, and various standard and engineering-focused applications such as SolidWorks and CAD/PDM/SAP systems is a strong plus.
- Experience in large part assemblies
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- The ability to think ahead and plan within timelines and resources; to plan and schedule work; to set priorities and goals; to anticipate and adjust for problems; to evaluate workloads; to measure and evaluate performance against established goals.
- The ability to successfully plan and implement objectives within established timelines and work schedules.
- The ability to analyze problems and to develop effective solutions at both strategic and functional levels.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to accomplish tasks by working with others and being a good team player, and by recognizing how his/her decisions may impact others; seeks input from others.
- The ability to work independently, with minimal direction as a highly motivated self-starter.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time