Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking an Senior Network Engineer on the NOAA Cyber Security Center and Department of Commerce ESOC contract. the NOAA Cyber Security Center is seeking qualified Network Engineers to provide operations and engineering support for a growing program in Fairmont, WV.
- Perform maintenance and upgrade of Juniper networks routers, Gigamon Network Terminal Access Point (TAP), Fortinet firewalls, remote access systems and network management systems
- Monitor network connectivity and ensure high quality data transmission using standard network tools for example Netbrain, Ansible and Nagios.
- Serve as a liaison with 3rd party vendors and providers and be able to coordinate troubleshooting and provide real time updates via standard collaboration tools for Google Meeting or Skype for Business.
- Requires a technical BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Senior Level Network and Firewall Administration/Engineer knowledge (Fortinet, Juniper, Palo Alto, Cisco, etc.)
- Must have network and firewall engineering experience with designing, implementation, and maintaining Layer 2 and 3 networking devices and/or firewall devices such as Juniper, Dell, Cisco, Fortinet, or Palo Alto
- Working knowledge of network features and protocols
- Knowledge of Carrier Services
- System/Network Monitoring experience
- Have strong communication skills
- Knowledge of management of classified systems and the required security guidelines associated with secure facilities
- Experience with Information Assurance (IA) hardening and compliance (STIG, CIS, DSS compliance, documentation, etc.)
- Active Secret clearance and ability to obtain Top Secret clearance
- Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) experience (Fortinet, Palo Alto, etc)
- Network Terminal Access Point (TAP) experience (Gigamon, Ixia)
- Provided direct support to a Security Operation Center environment
- Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) experience
- IDP/IPS/DPI experience (Host Based/Network Based/NGFW)
- Network Certifications
- Cisco (CCNA or higher)
- Juniper (JNCIS-SP or higher)
- Fortinet (FCNSA or higher)
- Palo Alto (PCNSA or higher)
- Knowledge of networking infrastructure suppliers and service offerings including; Cisco, Fortigate, Force10, Dell PowerConnect, F5 Networks, Juniper, Checkpoint, Palo Alto
- Familiarity with task automation
- Familiarity in remote administration (SCCM, SSLVPN, SSH, Remote Desktop)
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other system administrators, system engineers, and network engineers in a team environment
- Fairmont, WV
- Remote Telework Possibilities
- Occasional travel is required (less than 10%)
Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and have at a minimum a Secret clearance or be able to obtain clearance before starting position.
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops
Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00