Ref ID: 31000-9502741838
Classification: Network Engineer
Compensation: $80000.00 to $110000.00 yearly
Robert Half Direct is partnering with a technology supplier company seeking a remote Senior Network & VoIP Engineer to join their team! This position is a customer facing role, working with a diverse breadth of technologies. This position participates in company-wide initiatives and serves as the lead Project Coordinator for all customer and internal projects. Our client's technical team wears many hats and benefits from having demonstrated consulting skills and business acumen. This position requires a strong background in: Technical Project Management, Networking, Security and VoIP technologies. Experience with Microsoft Cloud Services, Server Stack & Desktop Systems and Datacenter Infrastructure is a plus.
• Consult, Design, Plan, Implement, Maintain, Monitor and Deliver Support for Datacenter, Customer VoIP and Network Infrastructures.
• Network & Security Engineering & Operations
• Design, plan, implement and maintain the processes, procedures and operational management associated with business continuity, security and risk management for datacenter and customer networks.
• Recommend, design, plan, implement, commission and maintain datacenter & customer network and security infrastructures, software and configurations (LAN, WAN, VPN, WLAN).
• Provide strategic planning in terms of best practice, cost management, potential products/services and application of emerging technologies.
• Recommend & design improvements for network performance, capacity and scalability of datacenter.
• Create, oversee and test network security measures, including scheduling and conducting quality audits.
• Maintain professional standards of Datacenters facilities (order, docs, rack security, KVM/KMM, etc.).
• Pre-sales support and business case development & evaluation in support of proposed initiatives.
• Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of technical knowledge and skills.
• Liaise with network carriers and external resources; define and monitor contractual obligations, performance delivery and SLAs.
• Design, deploy, maintain and support customer VoIP environments. Core technologies: 3CX, Fonality, CentOS, Asterisk, Polycom, Yealink.
• Deployment Includes: Provision new PBX servers and user licenses, setting up new phones & users, porting phone numbers and setting up call routing.
• Support Includes: Adds, Moves, Changes to VoIP System and connectivity troubleshooting for VoIP systems. Issues that cannot be solved with simple networking are directed to Fonality support
• Troubleshoot and diagnose network problems and determine the most appropriate means of resolving.
• Provide after-hours support and maintenance of networks & associated infrastructures on a rotating basis.
• Responsible for daily tracking of time spent on support and internal/external projects.
• Manage, deploy, improve upon, maintain and support the systems required to monitor and maintain datacenter and customer infrastructures.
• Analyze, evaluate and monitor network infrastructures and perform the updates, upgrades, enhancements and preventive maintenance required for optimal performance and stability.
• Documentation: Operating Procedures, Policies and Technical
• Create, improve and maintain technical documentation pertinent to the successful administration, management and troubleshooting of datacenter, network and security systems and applications.
• Prepare technical reports, reference documentation, Visio diagrams, and technical manuals
• Create and maintain documentation related to policy creation, design, management and compliance.