Tango Card is looking for a curious and creative Sr. Product Designer who can help us continuously uplift our recipient experience. Our ideal candidate will bring strong experience leveraging product design principles to lead initiatives on designing new and existing products from start to finish.
This role will collaborate with cross-functional teams (Product, Product Marketing, Engineering, etc.) to define strategy and complete iterating and testing out design ideas for our suite of Enterprise-grade rewards and incentives products in a fast-paced, iterative environment. This role will also focus on our B2B products, requiring excellent systems-thinking skills, outstanding visual design ability, and a drive to engage directly with customers and users to empathize with their needs.
Tango Card's Sr. Product Designer - Consumer Experience will lead the recipient experience from start to finish, transforming requirements and insights into design ideas.
As a Senior Product Designer, you understand B2B products and are passionate about understanding our recipients and solving their problems. You are empathetic, innovative, and data-informed. You enjoy using research as a path to discover themes and insights in order to craft delightful experiences. You are self-directed and have the ability to align day-to-day activities and deliverables with the company's broader product strategy. Additionally, you enjoy using human-centered design principles; collaborating seamlessly with Engineering and customer-facing teams, as well as other internal stakeholders; and implementing user research and testing to make data-driven decisions.
Reports To: Director, Product Design
As Sr. Product Designer at Tango Card, you will:
* Lead product design initiatives and influence the vision for the next generation of recipient experience.
* Specialize in one of our core product areas and work closely with engineers and product managers to define the long-term strategy, short-term tactics, and success metrics for that product.
* Work with cross-functional teams including Product, Research, Creative, Marketing, Engineering, and other business stakeholders to design easy-to-use and practical solutions to complex design challenges.
* Influence and guide product decisions from ideation to launch by utilizing user research, ideation, user journey, information architecture, prototypes, wireframes, usability testing, visual design, etc.
* Contribute ideas to the short-term and long-term vision of the product strategy.
* Leverage research data, design principles, testing methods, and other objective information to support design decisions.
* Develop an understanding of our customers' and users' needs and behaviors and advocate for users and best design practices across the organization.
* Collaborate with designers and engineers to evolve and maintain Tango Card's global design system.
To be effective in our Sr. Product Designer role, you must have:
* Ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a high-growth environment.
* Skilled in Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD or similar applications.
* Skilled in designing for delightful consumer experiences in a B2B/Enterprise environment.
* Ability to synthesize feedback and input from business leaders, product management, and engineering.
* Skilled in capturing data and feedback via usability studies and user research with customers, users, and stakeholders.
* Ability to turn user feedback/data into themes and insights which helps inform and drive business, product and design decisions.
* Ability to present design ideas with rationale and build relationships with internal and external business partners and influence to drive success.
* Ability to identify design patterns and extend these into a shared library.
* Ability to manage time and meet deadlines, working collaboratively with geographically distributed teams.
Our ideal Sr. Product Designer at Tango Card will have most of the following skills and experience:
* 8+ years of experience as a Product Designer working with a product team and tech leads.
* An impressive portfolio showing the entire product design process from ideation to final delivery in a range of cross-platform work.
* Excellent ability to produce useful, clean, and delightful designs with an understanding of product scalability and usability.
* Bachelors or equivalent experience in HCI, Human-Centered Design, Information Sciences, Interaction Design, Computer Science, Psychology, etc.
* Google UX Design Certification, Nielsen Norman Product Design Certification
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
What You'll Get From Us
* Competitive compensation package (money isn't everything, but it helps)
* Medical, dental, and vision benefits (100% employer paid premium)
* Unlimited PTO and a generous holiday schedule
* 401(k) matching and equity opportunities (401(k) is a 100% match of up to 6%)
* Home-Office grant for ensuring a great WFH environment during social-distancing measures
* Award-winning culture that fosters autonomy, creativity, inclusion, transparency, and ownership
* Continued education and self-growth opportunities through Udemy
* Dog-friendly offices
What We're Up to at Tango Card
Tango Card helps thousands of companies reach their goals by making rewards and incentives easy to send and awesome to receive. Our customers genuinely love working with us, and it shows: We've made the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America for the last five years. We're backed by a stellar group of investors, including the private equity firm FTV (which led a $35M growth equity round in 2018), Fyrfly Venture Partners, Floodgate Capital, Eric Schmidt's Innovation Endeavors, SWaN & Legend partners, and WTI.
Why Work for Us
Tango Card is proud to have been rated one of the Best Companies to work for by Built In Seattle. We're on an incredible path to be the #1 rewards provider, and we are hiring amazing people across all areas of the business to accomplish our vision.
We foster an office culture of autonomy and transparency with flexible working hours and slim team structures. We provide our team members with what they need to be successful-whether that's the latest technology at their fingertips or empowering them to attend conferences about industry trends. We're committed to promoting mentorship and career development opportunities for our team members. Our physical offices are designed for productivity and comfort with standing desks, comfortable pod chairs, and a very dog-friendly environment. If working from home is more your thing, many roles offer the choice to establish a remote office. With a company like Tango Card that's experiencing high growth year over year, career opportunities abound and you have the chance to create, own, and grow your role.
COVID-19 Update: To learn more about how Tango Card has adapted during these times, take a look at our blog post, How Tango Card is Changing in the Face of COVID-19, by our CEO, David Leeds.
Tango Card is proud to extend its Voluntary WA State Paid Family Medical Leave Plan to employees across all Tango Card locations.
Tango Card is an equitable and equal opportunity employer; we're strong because we're diverse and prioritize inclusive practices. All applicants will be recruited and considered for employment regardless of their social identities, including but not limited to race, gender, color, religion, belief, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, and other protected classes. We thrive in the areas of recruiting and hiring when we have a growing awareness of the challenges faced by underrepresented candidates during the application and hiring process. We encourage all candidates to apply for roles they feel they have the skills to fulfill or a willingness to learn.