Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Business Administration
Travel Percentage :
To manage projects and direct project team members to perform project tasks so as to deliver projects to the
Agreed Project Success Criteria (PSC) of scope, budget, duration and customer satisfaction criteria. To build the knowledge of AAF consultants along with formulating training strategies for clients and internal staff members.
Project and Training Managers are appointed to manage projects by the Project Director of the designated area and the Executive of the projects.
- Prepare draft scoping information, project definition information and project plans for implementation projects that are in pre-sales.
- Prepare final scoping information, Implementation Services Definition document information and project plans for implementation projects that have been won by FIS.
- Advise the Project Office about the need for setting up the relevant project control system information including Project Tracker (project document repository) and Helios (timesheet system).
- Manage all project staff working on projects (including internal Asset Finance staff, contractors and also staff from other relevant FIS business units). This includes ensuring resources are allocated appropriately across all AAF projects.
- Ensure all project staff are aware of the details of tasks assigned to them including start and end dates, effort, budget, responsibilities and any relevant issues.
- Ensure all project staff follow the correct FIS project management processes including use of Project Tracker, Helios timesheet entry, Consulting Work Report production and customer engagement.
- Prepare frequent project status reports outlining project progress for both customer and FIS use (fortnightly or as agreed with client).
- Prepare and conduct frequent project meetings with the customer and FIS staff both at the project level and at the Steering Committee level.
- Plan, monitor, control and approve the expenditure of project-based time effort and professional service/expense dollars in projects, and be able to report budget consumed to date, forecast effort yet to complete, forecast variance for all projects and forecast project end dates.
- Maintain detailed and up-to-date project plans for projects.
- Manages issues that are raised during projects and assesses risks to projects and works to mitigate these risks.
- Manage changes that are requested or required in the project and negotiate additional commercial terms for these changes with the Customer, Stakeholders (internal and external), and FIS staff.
- Manages the quality of project processes and project deliverables to customers via inbuilt quality mechanisms and quality reviews.
- Act as first point of contact for all project related matters for the customer and FIS.
- Escalate project issues to relevant Project Director inside FIS as required.
- Ensure billing to the customer is performed accurately and quickly and deal with any billing issues.
- Plan, monitor, control and report on key aspects of project success, being scope, budget, duration and customer satisfaction.
- Advise the Project Office about the need to close down projects with the project control systems for Project Tracker and Helios.
- Prepare project review documentation and lead relevant project reviews of such projects.
- Provide written feedback on the performance of project team members during the project to the relevant Line Managers.
- Prepare and document information for handing control of live customers over to the Customer Services department of FIS
KEY SKILLS AND BEHAVIOUR
- High level of skill with managing people, relationships, processes, work and budgets during the project life-cycle.
- Experience in complex large financial organisations as a project manager.
- Knowledge of structured project management methodologies and project management tools used to plan and monitor project progress (MS Project application or equivalent skills preferred).
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with senior managers, managers, staff, HR, customers and vendors.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with emphasis on negotiating, influencing, facilitating and presentation skills.
- Excellent planning, problem solving, organisation, analytical and issue resolution skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, both in terms of deliverable deadlines, but also in terms of communication with managers and staff under difficult situations and deadlines with their customers and projects.
- A calm, professional and assertive manner at all times is an essential requirement.
- The likely candidate will probably be from the following backgrounds
- Relevant business experience in the leasing or lending sector
- Direct competitor such as IDS, CHP, White Clarke, etc implementing the respective solutions
- Senior implementation consultant from a broader base such as banking solutions (this may mean that specific experience is not held in leasing and lending but rather other financial products)
- Working or consulting for likely clients for AAF in the leasing and lending sector
- Ability to assess client needs and clearly document requirements
- The role will require a professional level of interaction with client staff and with staff from different parts of the FIS organization on a global level, so you will need to have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- English speaking essential
- Other languages are advantageous
- Independent worker who is capable of operating with little supervision and who can use initiative in a constructive and positive way
- Must be able work under pressure to deliver resolution on a priority issues.
- The autonomy attached to this role requires an individual with initiative, curiosity and the ability to think through a problem to deliver a solution
- Commercial focus in regard to our needs and client needs
- A working project manager - someone who rolls up their sleeves and gets the job done rather than mere oversight.
- Team spirit - work with other team members in a positive and supportive way
- High energy level and positive attitude
- Outcome focused
- Adaptable and versatile
- With a role such as this it difficult to define exact limits on travel days, however a guide could be:
- Greater than 50%
- The above would be a guideline and of course there would always be occasional situations that may deviatefrom these but this would be by prior agreement. It will be up to the Project Manager to agree and determine with client the best travel arrangements for project success.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.