Senior Software Engineer
At Enverus, our mission is to provide better, faster decision making support to the oil and gas industry through our data intelligence and analytics products. We are building an agile development culture that delivers great products to a wide variety of customers. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and better products for our clients. We need an experienced engineer with a passion for software development, someone to be hands-on in designing, implementing, and delivering features for our flagship product.
Interested? Read on for more details on what we are looking for.
What you’ll do
- Work on our Core Tech Services, building out shared infrastructure to be used by all development Teams at Enverus.
- Write maintainable code, working in a professional software engineering environment (source control, shortened release cycles, continuous integration/deployment, etc.)
- Mentor engineers on your team and other teams
- Define and implement elegant, but practical, solutions to customer problems
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary, collaborative team that works to ship phenomenal products
- Work on hard problems; design, develop, and deliver services and web applications
- Challenge all assumptions by asking questions in the spirit of building awesome products
- Look for pragmatic solutions to find the right tool for the right job
- Facilitate good architecture and solutions based on modern software development patterns and practices
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience implementing and and delivering commercial software products
- Enjoys an agile development environment (Scrum and/or Kanban methodology experience a plus)
- You are a very strong communicator
- You are comfortable with the rapid pace of a company in growth mode and the change that occurs as the business evolves and changes
- You are not afraid to learn from mistakes and share them with the team
- You take full ownership of your work and take responsibility every step of the way
- You approach software as a craft, following industry standards, and writing testable code with a strong belief in unit testing, clean coding, and the value of Agile development
- You are a self-starter, a great teammate, and strong driver for results and continual improvement.
- You have a good understanding of how the Authentication process for a user works.
- Experience in Authentication Platforms is a desirable.
- You have experience building and consuming RESTful APIs.
- You have experience implementing mathematical algorithms efficiently in modern coding languages.
- You are a Polyglot developer, we're primarily a Java and Angular shop, with legacy tools.
- You have significant experience working with micro-service architectures
- You have worked with global teams
- You prefer to lead the charge, not just keep up with it
Does this sound like it was written for you? Please apply and let's talk!