100% REMOTE OPPORTUNITY
The Senior Software Engineer role is for developers who lead the development team by example. They regularly take on the most difficult technical tasks and consistently make significant contributions to all areas of the product suite. In addition to those contributions, the Senior Software Engineer is a key contributor when new features are being groomed and planned by their team. Their application knowledge is indispensable in this area. Senior Software Engineers not only have deep expertise in multiple different applications, but they also understand and directly contribute to the management of the company's technical infrastructure.
Finally, the Senior Software Engineer is a go-to technical resource for anyone in the broader technology organization. They fully understand the deployment and support of applications in all environments and are an excellent mentor to groups and individuals within and outside of the development team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Perform day to day duties such as developing code, debugging, writing test cases, and handling issues
- Be a core maintainer of multiple applications within the product suite
- Develop and maintain highly complex features for multiple applications within the product suite
- Champion the development team's core values.
Skills & Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience developing, testing, shipping, and supporting production-quality web applications
- Expert-level knowledge of Java or Ruby on Rails and related frameworks
- Experience with mentoring junior team members
- Experience with and a commitment to Continuous Integration
- Commitment to quality and the craft of software development
- Passion for learning new things and the ability to do so quickly
- Ability to serve as a technical leader of an open, collaborative, and extraordinarily skilled software development team
Responsible for the company's information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of the company's information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
We offer a competitive benefits package that allows employees to tailor benefits to their needs. The benefits listed below are for employees based in the U.S.
- Flexible Time Off/Unlimited PTO
- Medical (includes an option that is paid 100% by the company!), Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employer-paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance, and AD&D Insurance
- Group legal coverage
- Transit and/or parking supplement for office-based employees
- Free snacks and drinks in our offices
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.