SNI Technology's client located in Westminster, CO is immediately seeking to hire a Sr. Systems Engineer on a full-time, contract basis. This is a 40 hours per week position with the opportunity to convert to permanent upon completion of the contract portion of the assignment.
TOP SKILLS DESIRED:
- #1 is soft skills. Respectful. Team Player. Humble.
- Windows Server administration
- MS Exchange Server administration
- Active Directory. Group Policy.
- VMware. Storage virtualization.
- Experience with migrations to the cloud is required.
- IT Security
Responsible for the implementation, monitoring and upgrading of network and system hardware and software. Acts as a tier two escalation point for all network and systems related issues. Recommends hardware and software upgrades as it relates to normal system lifecycles.
- Implements, configures, updates, troubleshoots, and supports enterprise software such as active directory, Exchange, SQL, and both on premises and cloud based virtualization technologies.
- Implements, configures, updates, troubleshoots, and supports system level hardware including physical servers, PC's, storage, backup hardware and related datacenter equipment.
- Develops and deploys all systems software and updates using industry standard tools and resources.
- Understanding of standard scripting languages such as PowerShell, python, vbscript, etc.
- Able to plan and execute all levels of deployments of systems from start to finish.
- Maintains enterprise level backups of all systems and infrastructure components to support credit union needs.
- Assists users in accessing, installing, and securing network resources. Provide phone, e-mail, and in-person support and training to end users ensuring their needs are met as a tier 2 escalation-point.
- Inform management of area activities. Notify supervisor of system malfunctions and operating problems that cannot be corrected by routine procedures.
- Maintains system and network security and availability based on established and industry standard guidelines.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Keep availability of computer systems within the accepted range, and implement approved changes that will benefit the department and organization.
- General understanding of network and security principles as related to systems infrastructure.
- Participates in an on call rotation.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, storage, OS, Windows, and Linux.
- Knowledge of security best practices and standards.
- Understanding of Credit Union operations and output requirements a plus
- Industry standard certifications such as MCSE, CCNA, or equivalent a plus.
- 3 years related experience (minimum)
- Strong customer service skills and willingness to assist others.
- Able to communicate complex information clearly and effectively.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Able to coordinate well with other departments and personnel.