America’s largest privately owned company dedicated exclusively to aviation security. Our services include passenger, baggage, cargo, and employee screening, external/internal airport patrols, access control, air carrier security services, and more. Covenant Aviation Security, LLC has provided over 35 million hours of aviation security services.
Covenant was founded in 1992 to provide highly trained and motivated protective security forces to government agencies and select commercial customers. Building on Covenant's reputation for first class delivery of high-quality service and cost-effective contract administration, Covenant has enjoyed over seventeen years of growth while maintaining an unparalleled commitment to performance.
Covenant Aviation Security (CAS) has potential openings for a Site Security Manager at various locations throughout the US. The positions are contingent upon contract award. The position is responsible for directing and implementing all assigned functional security programs related to 49 CFR Part 1542 for airport security functions at various airports throughout the US. The Manager frequently interacts within the airport community including, but not limited to the airport authority, airlines, TSA, law enforcement, and local government officials.
The successful candidate defines and oversees security operations through subordinate Supervisors, who direct the security workforce. This includes evaluating the programs supervised to ensure mission accomplishment and priorities; procedural policy and compliance; and technical competence. Our Manager plans and organizes the most efficient use of resources to meet these requirements through development and analysis of employee work schedules.
Our Manager performs the full-range of both administrative and technical supervision. These include: assigning work; planning and scheduling work; approving leave; assessing employee performance; making selections and promotions. Responsibilities also include: hearing and resolving complaints from employees; taking disciplinary action; identifying training and developmental needs; improving quality and service performance; developing and being accountable for goals and objectives. Our Manager also assists in developing budgets; directing major program segments; approving awards and other personnel actions; and making decisions on work problems and recommendations.
The successful candidate must respond to a very complex working environment including dealing directly with all levels of security management, Airport Authority, law enforcement, labor relations, Federal and State regulatory agencies, airline-contracted personnel, and local government officials.
- US citizen, U. S. National or Lawful Permanent Resident
- Bachelor’s degree in security or related field or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience. Within the past five (5) years, must have experience managing a security or screening operation, preferably at a 49 CFR Part 1542 regulated airport or other government facility where security guards were employed.
- Aviation, law enforcement or security operations experience highly desirable.
- Professional knowledge of the aviation industry sufficient to provide direction to meet and exceed client expectations for implementing security operations. Preferably 49 CFR Part 1542 experience.
- Skills necessary to develop and implement staffing plans.
- Proven ability in realizing balance sheet and bottom-line results for optimal profitability and market presence.
- Demonstrated ability to encourage and enhance strong customer-focused security service culture, implement lean operational techniques to reduce cost, increase customer satisfaction, and enhance quality in service.
- Strong oral and written interpersonal communications skills.
- AAAE Airport Certified Employee (ACE) Security Certification at time of hire is highly desirable but required within six months of hire.
- Available to work various shifts, weekends and holidays.
Covenant Aviation Security is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing.