PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Software Application Developer in Englewood, CO.
- Performs architectural trade studies and contributes to the development of documentation and maintenance of software architectures.
- Participates in internal and external architecture reviews.
- Provides data, recommendations, and estimates for software component level project planning including corrective action plans.
- Coordinates and participates in project management reviews and compliance audits.
- Develops Computer Software Units (CSUs) software requirements and algorithms.
- Defines internal interfaces.
- Performs requirements allocation between hardware, software, and operators.
- Participates in requirement team and peer reviews as a presenter and evaluator.
- Performs requirements change assessment and provides a technical interface to requirement change-assessment meetings.
- Develops supplier/subcontract performance assessment including appropriate metrics.
- Makes recommendations of adequacy of subcontractor/supplier technical approach to project lead.
- Helps resolve programmatic and technical problems that would impact cost, schedule and/or performance.
- Develops, maintains, and unit tests code.
- Develops/decomposes, documents, and maintains designs for software.
- Participates in internal design reviews and builds large scale software systems.
- Participates in software integration efforts.
- Troubleshoots and investigates problems across software components.
- Develops, selects, tailors, and deploys processes and tools.
- Establishes metrics.
- Participates in process reviews.
- Provide expertise on software methodologies and processes to internal/external customers.
- Supports operational and integration issue resolution.
- Describe the project/day-to-day activities they will be working on: Project is working with combination of Airport data that feeds into the program that calculates takeoff/landing distance, limiting weights, (takeoff/landing performance focused program). Feature development in Java v1.8, Angular 8+, C++. Hands on keyboard features development, team is currently undergoing Cloud Migration. Strong Azure/Microsoft skills needed. Team is currently Azure-focused so that is preferred Cloud background.
- What are the Top 3-5 Technical/Software Skills needed to perform this role/job?: Java, Angular 8+, C++, Azure/Cloud, Microsoft. At least 5+ years of experience in these skillsets.
- What are top 3-5 soft skills?: Team player (externally and internally), global team player, willing to dive in and continually learn, good communication skills.
- Any certifications required?: Nothing required, Azure Dev or Architecture are nice-to-haves.
- Size of team: current Scrum team consists of 15 people. This individual will work with other teams consisting of 10-15 people as well.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$