- **Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. may be considered as W2 candidates.**
- **Please note that all Position start dates and duration are estimates and may be reduced or lengthened based upon a client’s business needs and requirements.**
Job Title: IT Software Development Specialist
Location: Memphis, TN, 38125-1128 /Remote
Duration: 12 Months
**This position is Contract to Hire and OPEN TO REMOTE**
• To develop, maintain, test and debug software to meet generally defined requirements in a Windows client/server environment utilizing software development languages/environments such as PL/SQL, Oracle, Progress 4 GL Application Development Environment (ADE), .Net, Microsoft SQL, or other platforms; to formulate and define system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding for the purpose of developing or modifying moderately complex information systems; to prepare detailed specification from which programs will be written; and to design, code, test, debug, document and maintain programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Becomes extremely familiar with several key modules of the application that are being supported such modules include but not limited to reports, parameters, claims management, intake services and interfaces.
• Analyzes user needs as required; assists in the design of specifications to meet end user needs.
• Develops and modifies software to meet the specifications outlined in data processing requests.
• Develops and maintains software to meet requirements of insurance carrier and regulatory groups.
• Tests and debugs assigned projects; assists in testing projects for other members of the programming staff.
• Prepares documentation on new or existing software.
• Investigates call escalations from the support staff; makes the necessary corrections to data and/or software.
• Assists in the professional growth of programmers.
• Follows departmental pre-established standards and guidelines as they pertain to design and development.
• Adheres to the goal of delivering and maintaining the highest quality of customer service to our clients.
• Keeps abreast of software development language revisions and technology advances.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Supports the organization''s quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
• Bachelor''s degree from an accredited college or university required. Information Systems or Computer Science major preferred.
• Five (5) years of experience working in the software development lifecycle to include three (3) years specifically using a software development platform to build or enhance technology solutions and three (3) years of specific experience/knowledge of Oracle databases, PL/SQL, C#/C++/C, Open Source, Korn Shell Script, Perl or Progress 4GL or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Skills & Knowledge
• Strong knowledge of software development and applications design
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ingenuity and creativity
• Logical approach to problem solving
• Analytical capabilities
• Ability to work under pressure
• Attention to detail
• Tenacity and patience
• Understanding of business processes and constraints
• Proven ability to work with a specific software development technology pertinent to the department''s needs and goals
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies