WHO WE ARE
At VideoLink is the leader in our space, providing tools related to low-latency video transmission and remote camera control. We pride ourselves on our ability to provide elegant, technical solutions to the communications challenges of national broadcasters and Fortune 1000 companies.
Our employees are the people who enable us to deliver on those values every business day. That’s why we’re always on the lookout for talented, ambitious people who can make a substantial contribution to our team of smart, down-to-earth, hardworking professionals.
Our development team offers lots of room for growth! You’ll have daily opportunities to develop your individual skills, become an expert of the traditional and virtual video industry, and be part of an innovative organization where your contributions will matter and will be visible.
We offer a competitive package and a balanced culture. We love what we do and hope you do too - come join us!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to perform requirements-based design, development, and testing of our real-time video transport and remote-control studio applications.
This person will have testing skills, understand testing, and can also design and program.
An appropriate candidate will enjoy working on a small test-driven development team. High value will be placed on a candidate’s ability to not only expose issues but to also recommend and implement innovative solutions. Work will be completed on an almost entirely Linux-based environment. Our products focus on broadcast video production and transmission, video compression and real-time streaming. Experience with video is a plus but is not required.
- Contribute to software design discussions, with a focus on testability.
- Understand and improve the flow of code and how it interacts with different components.
- Develop and maintain project documents and product objectives to satisfy customer needs.
- Report, investigate, and repair customer issues.
- Review code with a focus on quality, efficiency, readability, limiting tech debt, and testability.
- Manage development tools including source control, build systems, software repositories, etc.
- Develop and execute test cases.
- Create documentation to allow others to execute manual tests.
- Document and analyze test results to help prioritize bug fixes and enhancements.
- Refine and meet the customer-driven requirements of our remote-controlled camera and video transport platforms.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Must-have skills & job qualifications
- 3-7 years of software testing experience
- 2-6 years of software development experience
- Experience writing test cases and test plans
- Experience designing and developing software and fixing bugs.
- Strong Linux skills
- Basic familiarity with Internet protocols
Nice-to-have skills & job qualifications
- Agile experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Knowledge of networking technologies & networking protocols
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Familiarity with developing and testing web applications
- Travel may be required based on time and location of remote productions as well as meetings at VideoLink Bureaus and client offices.
WHY YOU’LL LIKE WORKING HERE
- Participate in the continued growth of a solid company that is a leader in its space
- Medical benefits, including vision and dental
- PTO days (vacation, sick days, and personal days) and paid holidays
- Enjoyable and ever-changing company culture
- Training and professional development opportunities
If your interest and skills match the needs of the position, please apply online. Also, please send a resume, cover letter, and a link to your demo reel. Compensation commensurate with experience. Please state salary expectations in cover letter.
VideoLink affirms in policy and in practice that all employment decisions will be based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation or any other factor protected by law.