A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
From the moment you flexed your first , you knew that frontend was for you. What you didn’t know was how far beyond the simplicity of a grid-based layout your journey would take you. Frontend software engineers at Palantir are constantly exploring new horizons: between type theory, operational transforms, 2D and 3D mapping, UI design systems, high-scale graphics rendering, evidence-based performance optimization, and the never-ending need to decompose user asks into beautiful and maintainable software, there is always a new challenge to be faced.
Every Palantirian is encouraged to play to their personal strengths, so there is no “one size fits all” approach to frontend engineering at Palantir. Here are a few of the many diverse types of frontend software engineers you may work with at Palantir:
• The engineer who balances velocity with refinement, sprinkling code improvements at a constant clip and writing clean, production-quality code that helps mature early ideas into hardened products.• The engineer who loves the challenge of isolating and crushing standalone problems under the might of an elegantly designed library. Writes beautiful APIs and documentation. May be active in Open Source.• The engineer who thrives in a green field, working effortlessly with or without a designer to bring wispy ideas from whiteboard to prototypal fruition in record time. Abides by the mantra of “Move fast and make things.”• The engineer who seeks to understand, capture, and celebrate the tiny details in the world around us. Lives for pixel perfection and the final layers of polish, elegance, and performance that will make our products take flight.• The engineer who optimizes the tooling that others depend on, pushing the boundary of what frontend build systems can deliver. Harnesses tools such as Webpack, Lerna, and Babel to increase developer productivity and package code to be deployed anywhere.
As a frontend engineer at Palantir, you will be involved throughout the product lifecycle - from idea generation, design, and prototyping to execution and shipping. You’ll collaborate closely with designers, product managers and backend developers to shape and build powerful data-backed applications. You will be involved in high-level product and technical decision-making, as well as diving deep into the weeds to unblock those around you and write thoughtful, maintainable code. We encourage all team members to stay up-to-date with current frontend trends, identify community best practices, and teach others around them through code reviews and internal tech talks.
What We Value
In addition to meeting the requirements above, we are looking for someone who displays one or more of the following skills:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Life and disability coverage.
- Paid leave for new parents and emergency back-up care for all parents.
- Family planning support, including fertility, adoption, and surrogacy assistance.
- Stipend to help with expenses that come with a new child.
- Commuter benefits.
- Relocation assistance.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- 2 weeks paid time off built into the end of each year.
Our benefits aim to promote health and wellbeing across all areas of Palantirians’ lives. We work to continuously improve our offerings and listen to our community as we design and update them. The list above details our available benefits and some of the perks that can be enjoyed as an employee of Palantir Technologies.Salary
The starting salary for this position is estimated to be $120,000 year. Total compensation includes approximately $30,000/year of equity compensation in the form of Restricted Stock Units, based on the recent value of the company’s stock at the time of grant. Further note that total compensation for this position will be determined by candidate’s relevant qualifications, work experience, skills, and other factors. This estimate excludes the value of any potential sign-on bonus; the value of any benefits offered; and the potential future value of any long-term incentives.
Palantir is committed to promoting a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that all Palantirians share the responsibility of upholding our commitment to these values and encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences to join us in solving the world’s hardest problems. Palantir does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Palantir is committed to making the job application process accessible to everyone. If you are living with a disability (visible or not visible) and need to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please reach out and let us know how we can help.