Linux Software Engineer
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Brett Tolmie
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
A bit about us:
Are you looking for tremendous stability, solid compensation and a truly talented yet very down to earth family oriented casual team to work with while staying on the cutting edge of current technologies?
For the last 17+ years, our client has been creating a solid reputation as one of the leading providers of fast, secure and reliable payment processing and risk management services. This incredibly talented team has made it possible for their company to now hold a very large market share in a fairly niche arena while at the same time creating a phenomenal work environment for their employees. Their retention ratio is off the charts and the day to day working environment is exactly what most people would search for throughout their entire career. This truly is a special place to work!
Why join us?
Generous benefits program, 401K, etc.
Tremendous stability and growth potential
What they are looking for….
Currently our client needs a Linux Software Engineer who will be responsible for the development of service-oriented, middleware, and infrastructural software for Linux-based environments.
The incumbent will be expected to be proficient and active in all applicable software development and management practices, including: architecture, programming/implementation, integration, testing, packaging, documentation (to some extent), production diagnostics, and production support. Additionally, incumbents will be expected to be able to effectively lead projects from a technical perspective.
What you will need for this role….
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience
- 3+ years of professional software experience with 1+ years of automation
- Knowledge of software test methodologies and automated testing practices
- Knowledge of software development life cycle and software test life cycle
- Expertise in Linux (or Unix) Software Development
- Proficiency in Linux (or Unix) System Operations
- Proficiency in C and C++ under Linux
- Proficiency with Perl, Python, PHP, and/or Bash
- Proficiency in SQL Database Development and Operations
- Proficiency with Applicable Secure Coding Practices
- Experience with Cloud with focus on Azure
- Experience with Multi-Tiered Architectures
- Experience with Unit Testing and/or Test-Driven Development
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.