Facility: BOULDER HEADQUARTERS - EM
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
BI is one of the leading technology companies in Colorado and the largest provider of innovative electronic monitoring solutions in the United States. We excel at proving technological solutions to over 1,000 agencies nationwide and allowing those agencies to fulfill their missions without worrying about the technical complexities.
Software Engineer, Sr.
Experienced Software Engineers—a world of opportunity awaits you! Are you looking for the kind of opportunity that truly challenges you to use the skills you’ve worked so hard to build? We can help!
**Remote work options are available**
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineers to develop and modify software programs of a high degree of complexity and scope.
About the Role
Develops and modifies software solutions of a high degree of complexity and scope, using a thorough knowledge of current software development techniques and capabilities within an Agile Scrum framework. Provides technical support to application engineers and lower level software engineers. Works to achieve the most efficient use of available computing resources through effective use of best practices and design patterns. May lead the work of lower level software engineers.
What You’ll be Doing
- Designs, develops and documents technical aspects of software systems and related hardware interface components, based on product and system requirements.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the Agile development process.
- Provides new solutions and works collaboratively with Enterprise Architecture.
- Works with System Administration team supporting production environment, as needed
- Ensures defined quality controls are meet to mitigate defects.
- Provides strategies relating to quality and testing throughout the development process.
- Provides leadership in the advancement of process improvements.
- Works collaboratively within an Agile Scrum team with minimum assistance/guidance.
- Agile champion; participates in an Agile development environment.
- Provides mentoring, technical leadership and guidance to software engineers in best practices and appropriate use of design patterns.
- Maintains current knowledge of new technologies.
- Participates in Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective meetings.
- Researches and designs new object oriented techniques and frameworks and incorporates best solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.