As a Software Engineering Manager, you will lead a group of high-performing software engineers who are passionate about problem solving, technology, and innovative product development. In this role, you will be instrumental in growing the team and guiding software development to successfully support future growth and initiatives for the organization. You will be responsible for the hiring, supervision, and retention of your team and for ensuring that they have the necessary support to consistently meet customer schedule and quality expectations. You will also lead by example in pushing yourself and the department to continuously find ways to improve and innovate our product, processes, and culture. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences Sling.
What You Will Do
- Ensure that engineering staff have access to the skills, tools, processes, etc. that they need to produce high-quality, on-time software that meets our customers' expectations
- Coach and mentor your team in learning and expanding their expertise along their career path
- Recruit, retain, lead and inspire our engineering teams
- Deliver results on complex development projects involving teams across the company
- Collaborate with internal customers and company leadership to achieve higher level company objectives
- Communicate engineering team processes and priorities to stakeholders and customers as needed
- Work with customers to resolve business critical concerns
- Ensure that delivery teams are resourced and supported in order to meet the prioritized needs of the department
- Clearly communicate schedule and quality expectations and ensure that teams are operating efficiently
- Instill, strengthen, and maintain a culture centered on continuous improvement and agility
- Build and promote a work environment for high performance that is highly Agile, Collaborative and team centric
- Resolve employee conflicts through creative means to assure employee support and accountability to timely and quality project execution
- A track record of "followership" - people want to work for and with you.
- Experience leading teams through the full software development life cycle including managing cross functional project teams (Dev, QE and Automation).
- Proven track record of hiring, growing and nurturing cohesive, high performing development teams.
- Ability to work with external partners, cross functional teams and internal partners.
- 3+ years personal hands on software development experience working on systems level software.
- 3-5 years of experience managing and leading teams developing enterprise products in a high-growth, fast-paced system software engineering company.
- Experience with Agile frameworks like Scrum and with continuous integration / continuous delivery
- Ability to motivate yourself and others, prioritize your own work, and adapt and thrive in a dynamic team environment
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- A degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
You might also have:
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure and platform services - AWS Preferred
- Development experience working with Web Framework Technologies like React, Angular and/or Ruby
Compensation: $87,500.00/Year - $125,000.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website .
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.