This Jobot Job is hosted by: Tori Bender
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $120,000 - $145,000 per year
A bit about us:
Top CO Aerospace company seeks a Solutions Architect to work out of beautiful Lafayette, CO!
Why join us?
401(k) savings plan & company match
401(k) performance sharing match
Paid holidays, vacation & sick leave
Employee stock purchase plan & company match
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with business partners, Business Relationship Managers, and Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) in translating business and technical requirements into architectural blueprints to achieve business objectives.
- Develop and communicate a roadmap for the evolution of the application portfolio from current to future state.
- Lead analysis and documentation of current state application portfolio architecture, interfaces, processes, data, and dependencies. Lead envisioning of future state architecture based on enterprise business strategy, IT strategy, business capabilities, value-streams, business requirements and enterprise standards.
- Define overall architecture and develop documentation deliverables for solutions, including applications, databases, application and data integration components, security, processes, configuration, reporting, and more.
- Ensure that solution architecture supports realization of technology investment. Understand and leverage existing technology investments, and when appropriate, make the business and technical case for a new investment.
- Engage with the architectural review process (e.g., Architectural Review Board (ARB)), developing required documents, leading presentations and facilitation of review discussions, including any follow-up action items and requested modifications to proposed solution architecture.
- Analyze portfolio of applications and detect critical deficiencies, technical debt, and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations.
- Provide consulting support and mentorship to technical architects within delivery teams.
- Estimate initial project proposal scope, initial cost estimation and develop initial logical system architecture.
- Ensure compliance of solutions with IT standards, company and regulatory security requirements.
- Maintain architecture artifacts in an Enterprise Architecture Toolset including high level architecture, detail architecture, integration diagrams, roadmaps, and capability mapping.
- Work with the Enterprise Architects to align external and internal capability and technology roadmaps.
What You’ll Need
- Related Bachelor’s and 10 or more years of related experience; or HS Diploma and 16 or more years of related experience (degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education).
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Associate’s, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for additional years of experience.
- Related certifications may count towards years of related experience.
- Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Experience with software systems supporting efficient business processes.
- 5+ years of experience in a software development, applications architecture, technical consulting, solution architecture, systems engineering or similar role.
- Knowledge of various aspects of an enterprise technology architecture like business, information, technology, and security.
- Experience developing architectural deliverables including project architectures, strategies, and roadmaps.
- Broad platform and technical exposure including On-Premise, Cloud, SaaS.
- Knowledge of application integration methodologies such as: SOA, Web Services, REST, ESB and messaging, SOAP, JSON, XML, API Management/Gateway platforms, microservices.
- Knowledge of software and application architecture philosophies: 3-tier, client/server, loosely coupled applications.
- Experience designing and/or building scalable application solutions, including security concerns, high availability methods, backups, multiple platforms, hardware considerations, network design, monitoring solutions, virtualization, performance, capacity planning, and information management practices.
Nice to have:
- Experience with software and systems that support engineering design, manufacturing and/or inventory and supply chain processes preferred.
- Knowledge of financial models and budgeting preferred.
- Understanding and knowledge of IT service management (ITSM) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) preferred.
Experience with Enterprise Architecture Toolset for capturing architecture deliverables and roadmaps (e.g. Orbus Software iServer) preferred
- Experience in Enterprise Architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF preferred).
- Experience in Business Capability Mapping (e.g. APQC preferred).
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.