Eaton is currently seeking a Specialist Power Systems Engineer to join our Power Systems Technologies team. This position is based at our Golden, CO location. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The primary role of this Specialist Power Systems Engineer is to enhance the state-of-the-art power distribution system in North America and work with global teams to advance the regional requirements.
Eaton’s Research Labs (ERL) is a global research business and has an exciting and rewarding position for a Power System Engineer seeking a challenging career in Power System and Energy industry. Eaton employs about 10,000 engineers in various disciplines and the ERL engineers initiate and lead innovation programs supporting this large team of engineers. This position enables the person hired to develop new technologies, improve existing products, acquire internal and external funding, lead discussions with national labs and customer technology leaders, present ideas and projects to Eaton business leaders and ERL leadership. A good blend of technical knowledge and business acumen is desired to be successful in this role. The selected candidate will be working with engineering teams located in both Golden, Colorado and Menomonee Falls, WI.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role you will:
- Create innovative power distribution and energy management solutions and prototypes based on advanced technologies, as a technical expert and as a team leader.
- Lead technology development projects and guide teams (local and remote resources) and external technology resources (advanced engineering groups in the business units, University researchers, National Laboratories, and Utility Customers).
- Identify and develop commercialization solutions with substantial growth potential for Eaton’s power distribution businesses, and provide advisory services to business partners
- Actively participate in strategic planning and development of Eaton product/service offerings and support New Product/Technology Introductions concurrent with Eaton business needs.
- Provide mentoring and help develop/train less experienced staff in a working environment.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- PhD degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited Institution
- 5+ years of highly relevant industry experience
- Experience in diagnostic, prognostic and health monitoring of power system and components
- Experience with sensing technologies, digital signal processing, on-premise and cloud application
- Experience in a variety of power system protection, monitoring and control (FLISR, AMI, integrated Volt/VAR control, adaptive protection, etc.)
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- 7+ years of experience in power system protection, control and monitoring
- Experience in project-based development (including lean software development) and work in matrixed organization
- Experience in developing physics-based machine learning solution for power system protection and monitoring
- Experience in leading and delivering technology readiness level (TRL 3 to 6) projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to lead engineering teams to high value solutions
- Familiar with IEEE, IEC standards and industry reliability standards
- Strong software/hardware development skills for rapid prototyping
- Business acumen with proven record of formulating value proposition and creating intellectual property
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Proven track record in taking technologies from concepts to validated product applications.
- Strong technical publication and invention record
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton provides a competitive total rewards package commensurate with applicable skills, knowledge, and experience and consistent with internal and external market practices. The annual salary range for this role is $98,400 - $135,300.
At Eaton, we know that good benefit plans are important to employees and their families. In addition to a competitive base salary, Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits at a Glance.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Indeed Sponsored Job: IND123-SBengineering