Sr. Manufacturing Technicians with manufacturing experience needed in the Denver, CO area.
** Fortune 500 food manufacturer with great company culture, OT compensation, excellent benefits, a new facility that will expand again soon, no travel!**
- Responsible for the manufacture of consumer foods which comply with all food safety, quality, and regulatory requirements.
- Understands and supports company and site safety policies and performs work related activities in a safe manner.
- Performs the necessary activities to operate, maintain, and clean production equipment.
- Understands, follows, and improves documented operational, maintenance, and sanitation standards in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) work environment.
- Performs equipment changeovers and sanitation activities.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities, work orders, and lubrication in a timely manner to maximize performance of plant equipment.
- Inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, and/or replaces complex processing and packaging equipment including: Mechanical components such as conveyor belts, bearings, motors, pulleys, shafts, gearboxes, etc. Pneumatic components such as air cylinders, diverters, hoses, regulators, pumps, valves, etc.
- Utilizes drawings, prints, and instruction manuals to determine proper steps to be taken for equipment preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs.
- Coaches other team members on technical skills, machine functionality, defect identification and resolution, and equipment repairs.
- Active participant in training and qualification programs for designated line/area. Participates in assessments, ensures effective training, and maintains consistent qualification standards.
- Lead projects to improve safety, quality, and production results in a designated area
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Associates, technical degree, or training is preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of mechanical or maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment is required
- Willing to work rotating shifts on a 2-2-3 schedule and overtime as needed (OT is 1.5x pay)
- Able to read, understand, and follow documents such as safety policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and general instructions.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to give and receive feedback.
- Able to provide leadership and prioritization in designated equipment area.
- Able to set and meet goals, prioritize and manage workload in a changing environment, and work both independently and on a team.
- Works well with support personnel to maintain high standards for safety, quality, and reliability and drive improvements.
- Able to make data driven decisions and engage others as appropriate.
- Basic mathematical, statistical, and analytical skills.
- Basic computer skills including email and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to learn company specific computer systems, including maintenance enterprise system.
- Able to perform the key responsibilities outlined above in accordance with safety standards and practices.
- Physical requirements of the job include the ability to:
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Stand, sit, walk, enter confined spaces, push, pull, kneel, squat, and climb
- Perform repetitive actions, reach, and feel