Sr. Manager, Human Resources
Come join the world’s largest independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable zero carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world’s energy future.
RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
The Sr Manager, Human Resources is a trusted strategic business partner responsible for building, planning, developing, implementing and directing policies and programs, including organizational design, employee relations, organizational design, performance management, employment law, compliance and human resource information systems management. This leader guides, supervises, and directs the day-to-day aspects for HR Operations with the support of a team of Human Resources professionals.
Reporting directly to the VP, Human Resources, the Sr Manager, Human Resource is a true business partner and essential member of the HR leadership team who will lead and drive HR program and process improvement. This leader will support the delivery of people initiatives, provide excellent support to employees and managers, and partner with leaders to deliver innovative organizational and people-related strategies to the business.
- Lead, train and develop a team of Human Resource professionals
- Develop and implements human resources strategies and establish department accountabilities to achieve success
- Develop organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to the company's strategic thinking and direction; establishes human resources objectives consistent with organizational objectives
- Provide support and guidance to HR Business Partners, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations
- Partner with the leadership team to understand and execute the organizations human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs
- Provide leadership and counsel to clients to ensure effective, perpetual workforce plans are in place at both the local and system-wide levels
- Drive team effectiveness practices, including leadership coaching, team styles and decision making, and competency development to improve organizational performance.
- Identify and recommend areas of improvement to internal standard operating procedures
- Audit HR practices at all locations and works with HR Business Partners to develop and execute action plans
- Manage a process of organizational planning that evaluates company structure, job design, and personnel forecasting throughout the company;
- Formulate and recommend Human Resources policies and objectives
- Ensure HR policies and procedures are compliant with Federal, State, and Local regulations; Stay abreast of new or changing regulations and analyze the impact of proposed laws in terms of cost, administration, and the need for policy/procedure revisions
- Ensure all federal or state reporting requirements are completed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Builds positive working relationships across all levels of the organization and outside contacts. A solid listener with a tactful approach to problem solving and decision making; A flexible team player with a hands on “can do” approach who can lead change
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Exceptional communication, writing, interpersonal and ethical mindset skills with the ability to effectively convey and present complex information across the organization
- Demonstrated consulting skills and ability to provide coaching, feedback and guidance to leaders and HR staff at all levels
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations and Human Resources best practices
- Proven project management skills with the ability to lead significant projects to completion and develop policies/procedures to support the ongoing efforts of the HR team
- Ability to strike appropriate balance between company, customer, and employee needs
- Advanced skills in HR technology and Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint; embraces technology to improve processes
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop HR department staff members.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Development, or related field required, or 4 years equivalent experience
- A minimum of five years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
- Solid track record in leading HR strategy/initiatives and managing change.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, and employee relations.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United State; however, we currently are not providing visa sponsorship or hiring individuals who will need visa sponsorship in the future.
Anticipated base salary range: $120,000- $140,000
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.