Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As Sr. Director, Product Marketing, your goal is to enable sales and marketing to effectively drive our Health Benefits Accounts business. You’ll partner closely with Sales, Product, Strategy and Data Teams to drive awareness and demand for our solution portfolio, build go-to-market strategies, develop positioning and messaging, and produce scalable sales enablement and support tools. Ultimately, you will be responsible for creating and executing on an end-to-end marketing/growth strategy that ladders up to Optum Financials’ annual growth goals.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Continuously optimizing a best-in-class B2B marketing engine to drive brand awareness and high-quality leads for sales team
- Test, measure, and analyze ROI on all channels and campaigns to drive efficiency at scale
- Create go-to-market plans and strategic playbooks for each product based on a deep understanding of the customer journey from top-of-funnel, purchase, retention, and cross-sell
- Lead the creation of Sales and Marketing assets (i.e. high converting content and ROI tools) driving alignment across Product and market-facing teams
- Develop thought leadership strategy; collaborate with marketing and sales partners to develop content for demand gen, blogs, events, and webinars
- Work with Data & Analytics Team to build reporting funnel and scorecards that can be highlighted monthly with key business unit stakeholders
- Partner with internal and external research firms to develop deep expertise of user and buyer insights to influence product roadmap
- Work with cross-program peers to support the coordination of integrated marketing efforts across Optum and share best practices
- Work with account managers to build strategies and materials to drive client success, from launch through renewal, focused on increasing enrollments and utilizations at scale, and developing creative solutions to add value and increase retention.
- Manage, lead, and motivate a team of 3+ to meet or exceed pipeline targets and other demand goals
- Work collaboratively with Corporate Marketing to ensure messaging, creatives, content, and digital marketing efforts are on-brand and provide feedback on market reception
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years of B2B marketing experience
- Product marketing and lead-generation experience, building strong market facing campaigns and engaging messaging for mid-to-large scale B2B employers, brokers and consultants, and strategic channel partners
- Possess examples of thriving in a matrixed organization, balancing competing priorities while maintaining a tight focus on achieving target objectives
- Highly analytical and quantitative,
- Paid digital marketing experience on platforms including but not limited to SEM, Social, etc.
- Creative and brand sense, ability to work with agencies or internal teams to build and deliver outstanding sales materials that are on brand, on budget and on time
- Digital communication channel experience (email, nurture campaigns, website and social media)
- Ability to collaborate with multiple partners and maintain a strong point of view
- Cross-functional project management experience, prioritizing several deliverables
- Budget management and reporting
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel up to 5% for business purposes, including team meetings (up to two per year), or other internal meetings
- Experience in B2B2C sales
- Experience in financial services and/or healthcare industries
- Experience marketing to large employers, brokers and consultants, and strategic channel partners
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: #OptumFinancial, marketing B2B financial, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote