Senior Network Analyst-NOC
Windstream – Remote
About the Role:
The network consists of routing and switching platforms from Juniper, Cisco, and Alcatel-Lucent devices as well as a variety of other data network equipment. Work is performed in shifts within a 24x7 Network Operations Center environment. Candidates must be available to work ANY SHIFT, including nights, weekends, and holidays. SHIFTS CAN VARY. Must be able to be flexible with schedule and able to work nights/weekends
What You’ll Do:
- Provide top-tier operational support for Windstream’s service provider data network
- Will display mastery of all protocols, design, and equipment deployed across Windstream IP Network, including legacy companies (Earthlink, Nuvox, Broadview, Paetec)
- Work complex problems, evaluate information and arrive at creative solutions
- Identify and manage initiatives that will enhance or improve network performance, save capital, and improve workflow through the IP NOC
- Act as top-tier support for IP NOC analysts, including identifying training opportunities and creating documentation
- Will display mastery of data networking concepts and technologies such as routing protocols, TCP/IP, PPP, and Ethernet
- Project-based work, including identifying opportunities from improvement and driving them to completion
- You will report to the Staff Manager Network Operations
Do You Have?
- Superior understanding of LAN/WAN technologies and TCP/IP, Ethernet, PPP, Sonet as well as OSI Layer 2 and 3 technologies
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of data internet-networking, particularly experience with IP Networks including: ISIS, BGP, MPLS, SD-WAN and the ability to learn new products and services
- Possess a high level of troubleshooting knowledge on IP-based Networks and equipment to quickly repair / mitigate core outage conditions.
- Exceptional technical knowledge and able to provide top-tier operational support for Windstream’s service provider data network
- A high level of troubleshooting knowledge on IP-based Networks and equipment to quickly repair / mitigate core outage conditions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to drive issues to resolution
- Ability to build and provide technical training materials
- Excellent communication skills with Windstream Management will be required as well.
- 7 years of directly related telephony or network operations experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience required.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance Plans
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Identity Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
Windstream Holdings, is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S.
Minimum Requirements: Associate Degree in a technical discipline and 4-6 years technical/telephony experience with 6 years directly related to the job; or 9 years of directly related telephony or network operations experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience required.
Job Category: Engineering
Locations: US-South Carolina-Greenville\ |US|Iowa|Hiawatha\ |US|Kentucky|Lexington\ |US|Colorado|Denver\ |US|North Carolina|Charlotte\\ |US|Indiana|Evansville
Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national: origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability and veteran status. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.