Aerotek Scientific is recruiting for AGC Biologics in Boulder, CO for a Sr. QA Specialist to provide Quality support for a biologics manufacturing plant startup, implementing robust and compliant processes and systems required for commercial manufacturing operations. The ideal candidate will possess a scientific background to help in the resolution of issues associated to the Manufacturing or any other critical process at AGC Biologics. The Senior Scientist will take a leadership role in solving extremely complex problems, such as critical Deviations and Change Records, which involve cross-functional teams outside of the QA department and clients. They will act as the point of contact for critical investigations, ensuring all reports performed are scientifically sound and well written. They will provide guidance to others in the documentation and submission of investigations for approval.
- Demonstrates success using compliance knowledge, creativity, and regulatory perspectives to solve problems, especially those associated with critical deviations.
- Exercises independent judgment in interpreting and applying regulations to GMP systems. May make recommendations for QA policies and procedures. Interprets complex regulations and guidelines critical for advancing and improving the QA systems.
- Leads efforts to identify and implement processes and procedure optimization to facilitate compliance.
- Directly involved in the execution and closure of investigations and the implementation of the associated Corrective Actions/Preventive Actions (CAPAs).
- Takes a leadership role in planning and implementation of long range quality goals as they relate to the corporate goals.
- Accountable for decisions and results that promote the efficiency of the processes at ACG and increase the customer satisfaction level with the internal and external clients.
- May lead projects or represent QA interests in multidisciplinary project teams. Works closely with other team members in a cooperative fashion to ensure project progression. May act as an advisor to multiple project teams.
- Supports and provides leadership to the direction and decisions of AGC Biologics project/transfer teams.
- Responsible for making recommendations and decisions in accordance with federal and international regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Ideally, but not strictly required, the candidate should possess scientific background and expertise in areas such as Quality Control (i.e. testing profiles and Laboratory Investigations) and be familiarized with the Manufacturing and Development processes.
- The candidate should be familiar with the Operational Excellence tools (i.e. Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, etc.), basic Risk Management techniques and their applicability in the pharmaceutical industry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong technical and analytical understanding of Biologics Manufacturing and testing.
- Ability to articulate compliance strategy and rationale via oral and written communication techniques. Good organizational skills. Demonstrates leadership in areas of teamwork, conflict resolution, and problem-solving.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory principles and concepts as they relate to Operations and GMP.
- Advanced knowledge of GMP and regulatory submission requirements.
- Knowledge in Operational Excellence and Risk Management.
- BA or BS with at least 12 years QA-related experience or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with interpretation and application of regulatory principles, which drive QA strategy.
Please send an updated resume and two professional references
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.