Grow your career with a growing organization
Whether they’re helping people reach their long-term financial goals or providing personal wealth management strategies, every associate contributes to changing the lives of those we serve for the better. When it comes to job satisfaction, that’s hard to beat. And from a personal satisfaction perspective, you’ll enjoy the freedom to support causes that matter to you and experience a truly inclusive work environment. Your future starts now.
The individual will perform daily tasks associated with supporting Retail Operations at Empower Retirement, focusing on Brokerage and Mutual Fund IRA accounts. The individual may conduct training and guide process improvement initiatives within the team. May also support team leadership through review of transactions, reports and audits and may be relied on as a SME for projects and initiatives. Requires a creative ability to lead, motivate and influence both individuals and teams to accomplish department goals and objectives.
What you will do
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise with all processing aspects of the Retail Operations Team functions.
- Prioritize workload and assist with most functions across the department.
- Provide guidance to the staff on day-to-day processes and escalated items related to Retail Operations business.
- Review, research and resolve complex processing and system issues.
- Ensure services level agreements are met.
- Assist with the review, research, and resolution of complex requests such as Power of Attorney and subpoenas.
- Validate and promote recommendations for workflow efficiencies.
- Assist with the review of procedural updates, and participate in conversations that involve volume and quality trends.
- Apply regulatory changes to existing processes and procedures.
- Support departmental and organizational goals.
- Facilitate cross departmental processing and service issues.
- Assist with the completion of recurring and routine audits, reporting, and projects on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Periodically review procedures for accuracy.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
What you will bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, or equivalent experience.
- FINRA Series 7 and 24 registrations required within corporate-established timelines.
- FINRA Fingerprinting Required
What will set you apart
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in financial services.
- Experience with Pershing / NetX360 a plus.
- Willingness to learn leadership skills such as coaching peers and colleagues, creating process improvements, and handling escalated matters.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office knowledge.
- Ability to collaborate and work with all levels of management and teammates
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload in high paced environment to complete tasks within established timelines.
- Functional knowledge of departmental systems and touch points.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Professional office environment and regular use of general office equipment such as computers and phones. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to type, reach with hands and arms, sit for long periods of time, read and write, listen, verbally communicate, respond to questions, collect/track data, problem solve, concentrate, follow direction.
- Authority to approve requests and make risk & regulatory based exceptions to procedures.
- Must be able to work independently on operational, procedural, audit, and project tasks.
- Considers financial impact to the firm in regards to errors, corrections, and customer service gestures.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
- Works with Service, Sales, Technology, Compliance, Legal, and Project business partners. May communicates with external vendors.
What we offer you
We offer an array of diverse and inclusive benefits regardless of where you are in your career. We believe that providing our employees with the means to lead healthy balanced lives results in the best possible work performance.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement savings – 401(k) plan with generous company matching contributions (up to 5%), financial advisory services, potential company discretionary contribution, and a broad investment lineup
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Business-casual environment that includes the option to wear jeans
- Generous paid time off upon hire – including a paid time off program plus nine paid company holidays and three floating holidays each calendar year
- Paid volunteer time — 16 hours per calendar year
- Leave of absence programs – including paid parental leave, paid short- and long-term disability, and Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) - internal networks that rally around common interest, experiences and identities such as race, ethnicity, gender, ability, military status and sexual orientation. BRGs play a vital role in educating and engaging our people and advancing our business priorities.
The salary range below describes the minimum to maximum base salary range for this position in the location listed. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation offered may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
Base Salary Range
CO Greenwood Village
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over), race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, religion, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.