Who We Are:
As a recognized leader in space science research and spacecraft instrumentation, avionics, and electronics, we are helping to reveal the secrets of our solar system and the universe.
Objectives of this Role:
- Apply your demonstrated record of acquiring external funding, in Outer Solar System science, including remote sensing and/or experience in mission and instrumentation development.
- Apply your experience working on planetary science topics that have their emphasis on the icy satellites of the giant planets, Dwarf planets, and small outer solar system bodies.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Develop and lead projects.
- Write proposals to secure future funding for them.
- Develop creative, innovative solutions to problems through the application of advanced theory, concepts, and practices.
- Assume responsibility for technical efforts, collaborate with staff, and serve as a mentor for junior staff members.
- Exhibit technical leadership among SwRI science staff.
- Requires a PhD with a 3.00 GPA in Physics, Astronomy, or Planetary Science
- 5 years: Experience working on outer Solar System science projects, including remote sensing and/or experience in mission and instrumentation development
Work assignment is in Boulder, Colorado.
Job Locations: Boulder, Colorado
Salary Range: $81,494.00 - $135,845.00
For more information about this division, visit the Space Science & Engineering home page.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace