Do you enjoy developing new products and services? Join us! Our Software Engineers work in an agile, collective environment. You will be using your skills and expertise to define, design, develop, test, certify and improve cutting-edge software products. These cover a very wide range from advanced mission payloads and electronic systems through highly integrated aircraft to orbital and space exploration systems. You'll perform coding, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting of systems and software throughout our development process. Your technical duties involve the design and development of new software products throughout the product lifecycle.
At SNC’s ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission. Learn more about IAS
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; adds utility programs to the toolbox as needed
- Ensures software standards are met
- Elicit, derive, and document software and/or system requirements to meet internal or external customer specifications
- Define software/and or system architecture, design software modules, and produce associated documentation per corporate or customer standards
- Write and test software modules and integrate with other software and/or hardware components
- Development in C++ with linux.
- Testing, design, and integration of software systems
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance required
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or related Engineering discipline and at least 10 years of relevant experience
- Proven experience working in a professional software development environment with best practices
- Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large teams
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Experience designing and developing airborne imaging system command and control software
- Experience with C++, Java, Python, Bash, database design and/or SQL
- Experience with designing and developing software
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Estimated Starting Salary Range: $117,040.88 - $160,931.20
SNC offers annual incentive pay based upon performance that is commensurate with the level of the position.
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.