Sr. Software Engineer - Devops (greater Cincinnati area)
We are a company that develops, sells, and supports world-class duress and emergency notification solutions designed to enhance emergency preparedness for facilities and institutions in a variety of markets across the US. Our products and services are tailored to fit each customer’s specific challenges, ranging from emergency response scenarios to unique concerns which are specific to their facilities and assets. We are seeking a Software Engineer with creative mind and a passion for programming to architect and develop our engineering and product network infrastructure for on premise and cloud environments
The Software Engineer is responsible for the architecture, design, and development of reliable cloud and on-premise platforms from start to finish. These platforms will enable code development, test, deployment, and updates to our customers. The employee will implement and maintain the system requiring 99.9% uptime, 24/365. The Software Engineer will work closely with our Technical Services, Sales and outside resources to gain knowledge and understanding of customer needs and product utilization in order to provide the most efficient and effective execution of development initiatives.
• AWS including automated provisioning of resources (especially S3, Lambda, IAM, SecretsManager, System Manager Parameter Store, ECS)
• GCP including automated provisioning of resources (especially Storage Buckets, Cloud Functions, ServiceAccounts, Folders, Projects)
• Development of AWS Lambda or GCP Cloud Functions
• Relational and Document Oriented Databases
• Automated Testing / Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Ansible)
• Configuration Management (Docker, Kubernetes)
• Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
• Version Control Software (GIT)
• Code Deployment (Chef, Puppet)
• CI/CD Implementation (CircleCI, Kubernetes)
• System and Application Log evaluation of application and infrastructure performance (New Relic, Nagios)
• API Programming Tools (Postman)
• Linux System Administration
• Networking Concepts: Firewalls, NAT, Port, Subnetting, VPC, VPNs
• Network devices: Servers, routers, switches
Working knowledge of:
• Minimum of 5 years of software development experience in DevOps on AWS or GCP
• Experience architecting, designing and implementing complex software systems
• Software Regression Testing – Write test plan, develop code, execute test, and report results
• Demonstrated ability to work with development platforms.
• Proven development of quality code base or applications.
• Wireless Networking and RF Experience a Plus.
• BS Computer Programming or Computer Science
• On-going continuing education to keep abreast with technology.