Sr. System Engineer
The System Engineer is required to perform the system analysis and design necessary to install divergent systems and still maintain high levels of performance and up time in an enterprise environment. This includes interaction between complex systems to maintain high security levels and data protection techniques as required in our highly regulated market. The System Engineer role is also expected to be able to perform many project duties required for enterprise-level projects.
The System Engineer is responsible for the monitoring, maintenance, and repair of all company IT Systems. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to, Server Hardware, Windows Servers, VMWare, Citrix, Cloud Services, SAN and NAS storage, MS SQL Server, DB/2, and Microsoft 365.
- Knowledge of Server hardware platf orms Enterprise high density and stand-alone server hardware platforms.
- K nowledge of Windows Server and Linux operations and roles.
- Knowledge of VMware vSphere, vCenter, and ESXi hypervisor operations. Knowledge of other virtualization platforms such as Citrix Xen, Microsoft Hyper-V, and cloud services, and SaaS.
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN, and storage network technolo gy. This includes hardware devices and software protocols and services.
- Knowledge of local, SAN, and NAS storage technologies from vendors such as Pure, and EMC.
- Familiarity with public cloud offerings such as AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Experience in DevOps culture, including familiarity with automated testing, continuous delivery, and infrastructure as code.
- High-level competency of Development tools, including Azure DevOps, Visual Studio, Jenkins, Git, etc.
- Administrative knowledge of MS SQL Server, DB/2 and other databases. Knowledge of clustering, high availability, backups, and log handling is also required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365, including mailbox management, database management, high availability, clustering, security, and anti-spam products.
- Recommend, review and implement new technology solutions.
- Be able to design, implement, and troubleshoot Enterprise class solutions.
- Maintain minimum security baseline requirements for all IT systems.
- Maintaining a clean and organized Server room, and work area.
- Respond to network, server, and application outages. Communicating these outages to management and seek assistance to resolve the problems in a timely manner.