Facility: COLORADO TRANSPORTATION
Pay: $32.79 hr.
Bonus (if applicable):
H&W: $4.23 hr. This position is eligible to receive a Health & Welfare Benefit Rate per hour on all hours paid up to 40 hours per week and not to exceed 2,080 hours per year.
Benefits: Employees working a normal work week (30 hours or more) will enjoy a competitive benefits package for an energized workforce with options for you and your family including:
• Paid time off • Paid holidays • 401(k)
• 401(k) matching • Health Insurance • Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance • Life Insurance • Flexible spending account
• Health savings account • Tuition Reimbursement • Reduced tuition rates
• Employee discount • Employee assistance program • Pet insurance
• Disability Insurance • Paid training • Other benefits available
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you looking for a career you can feel good about? We hire only those that strive to do their best. By joining our family, you'll receive the honor and recognition that comes with working for the industry's global leader in evidenced based rehabilitation.
Who We Are:
GEO provides complementary, turnkey solutions for numerous government partners worldwide across a spectrum of diversified correctional and community reentry services. From the development of state-of-the-art facilities and the provision of management services and evidence-based rehabilitation to the post-release reintegration and supervision of individuals in the community, GEO offers fully diversified, cost-effective services that deliver enhanced quality and improved outcomes.
Why Work for GEO:
- At GEO, we believe that diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of a variety of views, perspectives, and backgrounds are integral parts of our company's success.
- We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It is about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary things.
- Employee benefits play an important role in making The GEO Group a great place to work. At GEO, we believe in the three pillars of employee wellbeing: physical, emotional, and financial. With comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we trust that you will find all the resources you need here to be successful.
The Sr. Transportation Officer serves as a lead worker assigned by the Transportation Manager in high risk operations and high-profile federal government transportation contracts and must possess a CDL Class B with a (“P”) passenger endorsement. It also is responsible for securely transporting detainees between destinations and ensuring that the vehicles used for transportation activities are safe and properly maintained. Finally, this position assists management when unexpected problems arise to develop effective and efficient solutions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The Sr. Transportation Officer assists management when unique or unexpected problems arise while transporting detainees. Helps to develop effective and efficient solutions.
- The Sr. Transportation Officer reviews all vehicle inspection reports. Develops summaries for Transportation management and notes commonalities from the reports. Suggests solutions as necessary.
- Ensures that all permits and licenses for all assigned vehicles are in order.
- Verifies that vehicles have the necessary safety equipment before initiating a trip. Notifies the Transportation management if there are problems before assignments.
- Properly tracks DOT HOS on Electronic Logging Devices.
- Assists with interviewing and screening of applicant Transport Officers when required.
- Reviews all necessary paperwork and reports in an accurate and thorough manner. Ensures that all reports are turned into the Transportation management according to described policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all missions meet or exceed PBNDS/FBNDS safety measures while transporting detainees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.