Hiring for a Structural Designer! *Up to $33.85/hr*
Structural designer to perform various phases of planning, site evaluations, analytical designs, report preparation, specifications, and preparation of proposal and construction documentation and structural plans as part of a project team.
- Perform detailed construction drawings for steel and reinforced concrete structures using structural specifications, engineering calculations, sketches, detailed drawings and design information
- Produce full range of drawing production work including problem analysis, design layout and calculations on non-routine assignments of substantial variety and complexity
- Execute designs on a variety of projects pertaining to industrial, manufacturing, and other clients
- Perform 2D and 3D modeling tasks. Design will be prepared using proper engineering standards and procedures
- Execute rough designs or sketches and redlines or mark-ups on ongoing projects
- Prepare structural calculations
- Design structural elements and details
- Complete and review design drawings within scope, budget and schedule
- Incorporate schedules, budgets and project criteria into structural design and layouts
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
-Associates degree or engineering technology degree
-5-7 years of experience as a structural designer
-Must be proficient with autocad, civil 3d, CADworx, Plant 3d, microstation and microsoft excel
-advanced knowledge in design, calculations and design systems
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.