System One is currently seeking a Substation Designer on a 6 month contract position for a major utility located in Denver, CO.
- Design Substations & Produce new drawings and revise existing drawings using the most cost-effective methods available. The drawings worked on are in the disciplines of electrical, civil/structural and architectural. This includes electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, connection diagrams, yard plans, interior plans, elevations, electrical layouts, sections, cable/conduit, and cable tray layouts, plan and profile drawings, route maps, sag charts etc. Incumbent is expected to check her/his own work for accuracy.
- The individual will be closely supervised and their work will be reviewed on a regular basis by a higher-level position.
- Consequently time is spent learning from reading procedures and standards, applying these procedures and standards in the form of "on-the-job" training, and taking in-house training courses.
- Works directly with engineering teams, and takes direction from engineers to generate two and three-dimensional models and drawings using Microstation software. In most cases, they're involved with improving or modifying current specifications.
- Maintain working knowledge of their industry, and apply industry specific drafting codes and standards, following functional specifications of the designs assigned to them.
- To ensure accuracy and compliance of organizational standards, Substation designers are typically required to check drawings created by other design drafters, and other design drafters will check the Substation drafter's work as well. In most cases, Substation drafters, designers, and engineers work in a team environment to provide quality work, meeting their organization's expectations.
- Substation designers also participate in meetings and work closely with manufacturing and production personnel to ensure quality drafting of new or redesigned products and instruments for an organization
- 1-2 years’ experience working as a Designer/Drafter in an industrial type setting, preferably Utilities
- Must have experience utilizing Microstation to produce designs.
- Electric utility drafting and advanced CAD skills must be acquired.
- Able to use CAD techniques and apply them to company procedures and standards
Duration: 6 months
Location: Denver, CO