Welcome to Mill Creek! We’re glad you’re here! At Mill Creek Residential, we believe that every associate is imperative to the success of our organization. We believe in embracing our core values and in the power of People, Places and Relationships.
At MCRT the Superintendent is responsible for coordinating and supervising all phases of the field work performed by subcontractors and vendors in constructing high density residential and mixed use. The position reports to the General Superintendent or Vice President of Construction. This position works directly with the Project Manager and other MCRT team members in ensuring the timely and safe completion of projects and delivery of high quality product..
- Supervises and directs the efforts of MCRT Assistant Superintendents, Punch Carpenters and Laborers.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with the project’s building officials and inspectors and is responsible for scheduling all required jurisdictional inspections and testing..
- Identifies and makes recommendations to Project Manager regarding project risks including safety/loss control, subcontractor/supplier issues, site conditions and logistics, scheduling, change orders, and document conflicts.
- Supervises and monitors work of all hired trades and MCRT punch carpenters and laborers. .
- Reviews all subcontractor and vendor progress payment requests prior to the final processing of billing.
- Provides noticing to all non-performing sub-contractors and when and where necessary requests termination and the hiring of replacements.
- Prepares punch lists and ensures completion of all related work prior to inspections and product acceptance.
- Inspects subcontractor’s work to ensure that it meets subcontracted obligations and Company quality standards.
- Creates, maintains and updates project schedules as they relate to work in progress and the completion of project.
- Distributes schedule updates to the project subcontractors and vendors and provides schedule updates to the MCRT project team. Ensures tasks are finished accordingly.
- Holds weekly safety and subcontractor meetings and maintains minutes of such meetings.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or equivalent is required. Five years of experience working as a superintendent may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor Degree.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the multi-family construction industry is required.
- Ability to use a personal computer and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Word, and Excel. Experience in using Procore and Textura a plus.
- Ability to communicate well in English both written and verbally.
- Knowledge of construction procedures, building codes, construction procedures, and rough trade work.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local codes for Handicap, Fair Housing, ANSI, Waterproof, Environment/AQI and Acoustical.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
About the Benefits of joining the Mill Creek Team
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision
- Employer sponsored short and long term disability, Life and ADD insurance
- Paid time off benefits: Vacation, Sick, Holidays
Mill Creek is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Are you ready to contribute to the success of Mill Creek Residential? If so, apply today and become part of an organization that believes in uncompromising integrity, celebrating successes, continuous improvement, and working hard, smart and together!