Location: East Moline, IL/ Remote
Job Category: Professional
Industry: Heavy Equipment
Duration: 12 Months
- Provides entry level sourcing, Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP), Enterprise Order Fulfillment Process (EOFP) support to include development and execution/enforcement of strategies and contracts for commodities of lower value and less complexity.
- Assists with cost models, make vs. buy studies, spend analysis, invoice issue resolution and other data analyses.
- Works with Strategic Sourcing to address chronic supplier performance issues and/or validation of suppliers during early supplier selection process as part of Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP).
- Makes use of Achieving Excellence process to manage the supplier's performance.
- The work requires the exercise of discretion and independent judgment but is reviewed periodically or upon completion.
- Executes Order Fulfillment Process (OFP) with cost reduction activities, analyzing quotations, and making supplier selection based on criteria such as quality, cost, process capability, lead time and supplier stability.
- Participates in implementation of resourcing activities and make versus buy decisions.
- Collects cost data and prepares limited supplier cost/industry analyses.
- Supports the Engineering Change Management (ECM) process so design changes and product improvements are implemented in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Develops and executes inventory plans to achieve inventory/asset management and material flow goals; resolves shipping, receiving, invoicing and payment problems to ensure prompt and accurate payments to suppliers.
- Drives continuous improvement in terms of performance and lowest total cost with the Supply Base utilizing Achieving Excellence process and criteria.
- Defines, resolves, and provides permanent solutions to supplier performance issues with the assistance of other functional representatives such as quality, product engineering, etc., while managing the day-to-day supplier relationship issues, thereby assuring proper communication occurs.
- Expedites parts as necessary.
The managers are ideally looking for recent graduates with a strong GPA and related degree
- Source experimental parts- post RFQs and award spot buy requests
- Maintain experimental supply base for assigned commodity - performance, capabilities
- Monitor open deliveries and solicit shipment confirmation from supply base
- Mitigate misalignment between inbound flow and outbound flow of experimental parts
- Assist in build execution, including the order, sourcing, delivery, & shipment of assigned parts