What will you do in this role
The Sr. Vice President of Finance for Company Land is a member of the Land executive leadership team and has overall responsibility for the finances and implementation of financial strategy, reporting and forecasting. Company Land is a division of Company Homes, a wholly owned subsidiary of Clayton Homes, a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway. The company has a balance sheet of more than $220m, owns and controls more than 6,000 and 20,000 home sites respectively, completes more than 1,800 home sites annually and is developer of seven master planned communities in Colorado and Utah. This position reports to the President of Land and is responsible for the following:
- Manages cash functions and cash flow projections.
- Direct budgeting and forecasting process
- Manages lot cost analysis, cost allocation and lot cost off of all active communities and acquisition targets
- Consolidation of annual business plan, SG&A operating budget and preparation of monthly and quarterly business plan analysis and updates.
- Direct and review proforma analysis of all acquisition and development activities with community Directors or VP’s
- Track and coordinate real estate closings, option takedowns and contract payment obligations including consolidation of project financial reporting to land option sellers and partners on land investments
- Consolidation of ongoing cash flow projections and communicates with all necessary parties
- Coordination of payment applications, metro district reimbursement applications, escrow accounts and letters of credit
- Implement budgetary controls to monitor and analyze budget, budget variance, and cost-to-complete functions.
- Manages Land Company finance, and land company administrative staff
- Maintain compliance and document company policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 10+ Years accounting/finance experience
- Land development, homebuilding or real estate development experience required
- Colorado or similar Metropolitan District finance experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
You Might Also Have:
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly.