DESCRIPTION Job summary
AWS Security is looking for a cleared Systems Development Engineer to join our team! This position is aligned with our ongoing work supporting the U.S. Intelligence Community, and in this role you will contribute to the development and operational excellence of multiple security services utilized by our government customers. This position can be based out of Herndon VA, Arlington VA, Denver CO, or Seattle WA. Each day, hundreds of thousands of developers make billions of transactions worldwide on our cloud. They harness the power of AWS to enable innovative applications, websites, and businesses. The AWS Security team owns security for all of these services offered by AWS, including EC2, S3, and many others. We are looking for software & systems engineers who are excited to work on complex system software, enjoy helping customers, and are passionate about solving security challenges in innovative ways. A typical day on our team involves collaborating with users to design new security features, prototyping and demonstrating features to users, deploying software through our large automated systems, and operationally supporting your newly deployed software. You will seek out new approaches to automate fixes for operational issues, use AWS services to solve design problems, and engage other internal teams to integrate your applications with theirs. You'll be part of a world-class team in an inclusive environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. We're dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen, must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
In compliance with the U.S. government requirement that employees of its contractors, and employees who work on or in connection with U.S government contracts must receive the COVID-19 vaccine, this position may require that the candidate selected be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. A person is considered fully vaccinated by completing the full regimen of the COVID-19 vaccine (two doses for Pfizer or Moderna and one dose for Johnson & Johnson). BASIC QUALIFICATIONS * Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent work experience
* 3+ year of experience working with Linux operating system development
* 2+ year of software development experience in a combination of any of the following languages: C++, Java, C#, Python or Ruby
* Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS * Breadth of experience covering the "stack" of front-end web user interfaces and web servers through to back-end analysis and storage systems
* Ability to perform deep-dive technical troubleshooting
* Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
* Distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience
* Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications at massive scale
* A person that thrives in an environment where priorities shift quickly
* Have a passion for automation
* Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
* Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.